Saipan, shamo and brazilian chicks

Ive noticed a huge rise in mutagens within many species of animals over the last Id say five years and thats just how long its been obvious to me I know it must have been going on to some degree for many years, its starting to worry me.

Looks like the first successful mating this morning. Ive seen one little guy trying for the past few days but this morning he mounted an older hen an it looked like he did everything right. At right about 4 months its pretty early, his dad wasnt even ready to try till he was 7 months. Just an early riser I guess lol he already gets up in the morning with the typical rooster attitude.

Hes also the biggest Im sure thats a factor in his early adulthood. He crowed for the first time last week and none of the other boys have even started to try.

Ok so, everyones probly seen the freak chicken with a hand but most of my other chicks have a single talon along the outside of the arm as well. Im just wondering if this is a common thing amongst chicken or is it just my birds. Ill get some pics later to show better. It looks cool if nothing else, I do get scratched by them occasionally cause the nail is sharper than on the feet but not bad. Im just curious as to if my birds are mutants! lol I have always thought I lived to close to that nuclear plant...
I just saw a thread within the last couple of weeks that showed pics of chickens with wing talon thing, but I think they called it a toe nail on the wing or something like that. Another person responded with a similar photo, so it is nor super rare.

I love your the chickens' coloring. Do you call that spangled?

Ive notice some birds are developing spikes on there beaks, anyone else seen or heard of this? Its around the nostril area, Ill get some pics l8r. At the moment there kinda soft but Im thinking theyll harden up at some point idk.

What do you mean 'spikes'. Can you get a picture of this? I have gotten 3 Shamos - one has survived the raccoon attack - to help me with the rat 'problem'. She's about 4 month old now.

Back
Top Bottom