Saipan, shamo and brazilian chicks

Kind of a weird photo, he looks rough as hell for some reason, but hes perfectly fine. I did have to go check him though. Looks like hes got a black eye, but he didnt lol.

Last edited:
Not the best example but its one of the easier birds to catch, some of my birds are kinda feral lol. If you cant see its right under the nostril in the middle, click the pic and zoom zoom zoom.

I have a friend who has chickens and barn cats and occasionally Ill help him butcher animals, the chickens always take first pic of the scraps and arent afraid to put a cat in its place lol. That being said Im not convinced that there better mousers than cats, sure a chicken will get the odd mouse but for the most part I think its luck or a poisoned mouse that was easy to catch. I think mice are usually just to quick for most chicken, I see them catch far more snakes. A good barn cat can be nice just make sure to spay or neuter them.

Well, the snake patrol would be nice anyhow. We just have one kitty and she is spayed. We spay/neuter all our cats and dogs. We didn't have a dog til recently, a week ago someone dumped a hound puppy in our neighborhood and of course she had to come to my place where I couldn't resist her when she fell out of a bush as I passed it...no doubt because they were irresponsible and won't spay their own dogs...Well now Naga gets to go to the vet next month haha

I also live in Brookshire and have a very old peacock. Lost all the hens over the years and now looking to give him company. do you have any older hens you would sell? non laying is fine; just don't want him alone.

Back
Top Bottom