Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Do you think the trio is good enough for breeding? are they good quality from what you can see? The bill on the one might be pink cause she was setting, I have been told that thier legs and bill will fade when they go broody, thanks for the pm too Celtic
The grey has a stunning color, and appears to have full chest curl too. Will love to see them once settled in and dry.

Can some one tell me if I got a good deal? I just bought a trio of sebbies, two curly breasted whites (a goose and a gander) and a curly breasted gray goose, I picked them up at the Camby poultry swap meet for $200 plus $25 for delivering, does that sound like a good deal? I will try to post pictures soon.

Yes, if they are decent quality geese, you got a good deal. If they are exhibition quality, you got an excellent deal. Approximately $70 apiece is still acceptable if they are only pet quality adults. But without seeing them it is impossible to tell you how good a deal. At any rate, you didn't get cheated.

Edit: And, serves me right for answering without reading the rest of the posts. Since it is all about feathers, you will have to wait until they dry, cleaned up, and molt before you really know what you've got. That's about what my show birds look like right now. With all the rain and mating behavior, feathers are chewed and bedraggled.

But it looks to me like you did well.

Last edited:
I'd take them off your hands!
True about the legs and bills fading when they set.

Can anyone tell me why this is? It seems to me that they are not getting enough nutrition when setting? I have one really dedicated mama and hardly gets off the nest. She lost a lot of weight this year and it worries me. I even chop greens and apples and she wont take it while on the nest, just gets defensive. I even leave a bowl of it in her kennel and it is still there the next day. Should I worry about her or is this normal? Her feet get almost white looking toward the end. Of course she is off with her goslings now and all color is back.

I'd take them off your hands!
True about the legs and bills fading when they set.
If I ever need to sell I will let you know
wink.png

I tried to post the pictures the lady sent me before they went broody but cause the way she sent them I can save the image, they look outstanding in thoes pictures I will try to figure it out.

I have a young gosling with an abcess in his cheek and want to give him a broad spectrum antibiotic. I have Terramyacin on hand. It is the Pfitzer 6.4 oz pack. Does anyone know the correct dosage for a small gosling? He is probably 2 lbs. I can weigh him to be exact.
Please help!

Back
Top Bottom