sebright thread

Hey guys! I have a sebright question or two. My buff laced hen , potatoe, just made some beautiful chicks with our silver sebright mix roo, scamp. So far 3 of her chicks (more on the way) came out favoring buff, 2 of them have a couple little black spots. Do buff laced crosses with silver make for sexlink babies? It's more of a curiosity thing, if anyone else has had a similar mix with the chicks i'd like to know how yours came out :), gender and coloring. My fingers are crossed for some more with buff lacing like mama. Although a splash mix between the two would also be pretty great.

Potatoe!

Scamp

One of the tater tots

She's loads of fun. Not evil either. She will snuggle in my jacket and go to sleep
wink.png
That is so sweet. My girl had a sister and they were partners in crime. They tormented all the other chickens, even the LF girls. I named them Maleficent and Grimhilde after the Disney evil queens.

After Maleficent passed, Grimhilde is a loner from the others and now she will let me pet her and she talks to me. She even kind of snuggles when I hold her. She misses her sister and I guess now I am kind of "sis" for her.

When did her sis pass? I had this one, an EE the ee died. Went and got a new friend. That one died within 12 hours. Waited a few weeks then went and got another friend, a sebright from the same hatch. They became quick buddies i finally moved them outside. They were doing great then a few weeks ago went out and the last addition was dead! No clue why either. :( we have had peanut since she was just a few days old. She would sit and snuggle with me for hours so i could keep her warm. I tried mingling her with my big girls and they didnt take to her so she is all by herself. It breaks my heart :(

I wonder if they are just loner birds? They do have quite an attitude.

I am pretty sure my granddaughter fell on or grabbed Maleficent wrong and hurt her. She was not an easy to catch bird.

It was as if her legs were dislocated and she may have had internal injuries too. I nursed her for a week before she passed.

She died just a couple weeks ago

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom