sebright thread

My Sally Sebright is sisters from another mother with my white EE pullet. They were in the brooder together and I cant seperate them. I have tried. When I have taken the EE out of the bantam coop I used to grow the LF chicks out in they both go nuts and stay up against the wire to be together.

My Sally Sebright is sisters from another mother with my white EE pullet. They were in the brooder together and I cant seperate them. I have tried. When I have taken the EE out of the bantam coop I used to grow the LF chicks out in they both go nuts and stay up against the wire to be together.
That is how Maleficent and Grimhilde were. I don't know of a good way to resolve that problem without causing a lot of stress to both chicks.

Do they get to free range? Maybe that would help as they get to know other birds and explore.

Maybe Sally will fit in with the big girls. An interesting development here is that some of my bantams have moved into the LF coop on their own. I was surprised when the big girls rearranged to allow it.

That is how Maleficent and Grimhilde were. I don't know of a good way to resolve that problem without causing a lot of stress to both chicks.

Do they get to free range? Maybe that would help as they get to know other birds and explore.

Maybe Sally will fit in with the big girls. An interesting development here is that some of my bantams have moved into the LF coop on their own. I was surprised when the big girls rearranged to allow it.

Yes they free range, but the bantam pretty much hang together. My LF flock roost with the turkeys. I'm afraid Sally would get hurt in there so for now they can be together in the bantam. I did take the EE out for a while yesterday evening. I added some D'uccle and she is the controller of the peace in that coop. After the bantam had worked everything out I let her in and she hopped up on the roost by Sally and looked at me like I was crazy putting her out with those big birds. Now I did pull all the roosters out a Sultan and a LF Welsummer (recouping from a broken toe) and put them in a small coop. If the EE won't except the D'uccle then I will move her and Sall in there.

My roo has been fertilizing eggs for 11 weeks now and today was his first attempt at a crow. 23 weeks. It was perfect. All 5 notes, perfectly formed. We don't have any other roosters around him so he was never intimidated to crow. I'm so proud of him.

Congrats! How different does it sound from a LF crow? The chicks I have sound almost like song birds sometimes instead if chickens:) Thought I was going to have to sell all my chickens but I put my foot down to dh- 15 yrs of helping him with his hobby and all he has to do is 'miss' me when I tend mine on the weekends (he's at work when I'm tending during the week) so yeah, he can get over it. My sebrights are flighty but calm once I get a hand on them:)

Congrats! How different does it sound from a LF crow? The chicks I have sound almost like song birds sometimes instead if chickens:) Thought I was going to have to sell all my chickens but I put my foot down to dh- 15 yrs of helping him with his hobby and all he has to do is 'miss' me when I tend mine on the weekends (he's at work when I'm tending during the week) so yeah, he can get over it. My sebrights are flighty but calm once I get a hand on them:)

Oh my gosh, it's polar opposite! LF have deep, burly man crows and babtams have high pitched, squeaky crows. Cute nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom