sebright thread

Sorry for my dumbness, but what's the meaning of that? lol :D
First generation chicks will be either silver or gold laced. But if you breed these resulting chicks to a matching sebright rooster. Like if you breed the gold chicks with a gold rooster or the silvers to a silver rooster, the resulting chicks will not turn out all gold or silver like they should.

What you're doing by mixing the two colors together is breaking up the strong gold or silver genetics of the pure parents.

First generation chicks will be either silver or gold laced. But if you breed these resulting chicks to a matching sebright rooster. Like if you breed the gold chicks with a gold rooster or the silvers to a silver rooster, the resulting chicks will not turn out all gold or silver like they should.

What you're doing by mixing the two colors together is breaking up the strong gold or silver genetics of the pure parents.

Oh I get it now!! :D so is it good? Or bad?

Oh I get it now!! :D so is it good? Or bad?

It's ok not dumbness, we all started at some point with no knowledge. When u breed the chicks of them to other sebrights you won't know what your going to get. If you breed silvers to silvers you will always get silvers,, that's what breeding true means. A split carries the genes of 2 colors and will throw either in their offspring. There's tons of info on it if you start from the beginning of the thread. It's worth the read so if your really trying to get into this breed I would highly recommend you read a lot

It's ok not dumbness, we all started at some point with no knowledge. When u breed the chicks of them to other sebrights you won't know what your going to get. If you breed silvers to silvers you will always get silvers,, that's what breeding true means. A split carries the genes of 2 colors and will throw either in their offspring. There's tons of info on it if you start from the beginning of the thread. It's worth the read so if your really trying to get into this breed I would highly recommend you read a lot

Wow! Thanks for the info! Yea, I read a lot! :) but I have too many chickens right now! It's like I have more than 40 chickens in my backyard, I wish I can move to a house with large yard so I can have many chickens!! :D

Captain Jack Sparrow (my 4 yr old named him)

This is Lacey.

Back
Top Bottom