sebright thread

Thank you! I'm thinking we are going to have to get 3 week old birds. Argh, I really wanted to get little guys :(

Don't be too sad. Seriously...and um speaking from painful personal. The sadness you're feeling at not getting fuzzy day old chicks is nothing compared to the heartbreak when you have to rehome or send to freezer camp your favorite chick when it turns out to be a roo. :C

My husband and I are the new proud owner's of Silver Laced Sebrights and BB Red Old English Game Bantams. We ordered 15 chicks from Murray McMurray, we only lost one. They are now a week old today. We live in Arkansas - so a few days were challenging dealing with the heat, a lot of monitoring. Here are a few of our pictures. I absolutely love taking pictures of animals and chickens are no exception! I would be glad to hear any tips or advice from anyone that has already raised this type of breed.

Last edited:

Hey sorry because I know this probably isn't the thread for this but, do any of you know the best place to either order online or go out and buy them, I'm looking for golden , buff, and silver sebrights. I would like a couple of each to get my little flock going. I live in oregon if that matters

Hey sorry because I know this probably isn't the thread for this but, do any of you know the best place to either order online or go out and buy them, I'm looking for golden , buff, and silver sebrights. I would like a couple of each to get my little flock going. I live in oregon if that matters
Hi SmallTown4Her,
I bought my Silver Sebrights from Murray McMurray Hatchery - online. They also have the Golden. At this point it may not be a matter of where to get them, but if they are available. It usually can take up to a month. There is also Cackle Hatchery. I have bought from both and both are great! http://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/index.html
http://www.cacklehatchery.com/

Thank you so much! I just found a feed store in brown that can order them I for me! Unfortunately I cannot choose the colors but rather they just order a bunch and I could get either if then. But i will go on and give those two places a look!

Back
Top Bottom