sebright thread

My golden sebright was to big for his breed at my local fair, so he wasnt judged. He is going to a new home this saturday where he will free range with some rhode islands. We appreciate him giving up his cage xD he was so mean, got , y mom good .... lol,

umm
roll.png
ecuse me but does anyone know when sebrights start to lay eggs is at 6 months like normal chickens or longer or not as long or never, we just want to know, because we found a very tiny egg and was just wondering

umm
roll.png
ecuse me but does anyone know when sebrights start to lay eggs is at 6 months like normal chickens or longer or not as long or never, we just want to know, because we found a very tiny egg and was just wondering
Mine starting laying at 4 and a half months! I was shocked and they did not slow down through the extreme winter we just had.

There are a lot of factors to consider...weather, light, coop conditions, diet, etc. It was -40 with the wind chill and they kept right on laying. The coop was between 10 and 20 on most days, but I kept their diet veggie heavy with constant fresh water.
Your chicks should acclimatize to the heat and do just fine
big_smile.png

Here is a picture of our little Golden Laced Sebright. Can anyone tell me if this is a male or female? It's somewhere between 8-12 weeks. I don't know the exact birthdate.
Definitely a little cockerel. He has the pointed hackle feathers and definite comb, which btw is not even the correct comb type from what it looks. It looks like a singls comb. What are your plans for him? I hope he's just a back yard pet and not a breeder.

Yeah, he is for our backyard flock.  We literally got him because he looked different than the rest of the flock.  We were hoping for a hen when we got him but I'm not going to complain.  A lot of people think you need a roo in your flock so It's a good thing.

Oh ok that's good:) and yea definitely a good thing to have one if you free range at all. I'm sure he'll be a spunky addition to the flock and probably a good laugh when he matures and tries doing his thing with the standard ladies haha

Back
Top Bottom