sebright thread

:lau
Moonshine will forever be your friend & follower. Trouble acts the same way. If I reach out my arm to grab something - a little chicken lands on it.

Moonshine is concerned about these new youngsters now that they are in the partitioned coop and run. They are almost as big as she is! "Why is Mom giving them attention, and not me?????? Who's the star here anyway????????"

Moonshine learned the arm landing today....all the bigs were jealous, I hope they don't try it....
arm (3 of 1).jpg
arm landing2 (3 of 1).jpg

Last edited:
This is like falconry, lol,...thanks @Faraday40 and to your daughter, and to Trouble for giving me the idea to train Moonshine...
View attachment 1307292
That's a great shot!
Now you have a fun party trick to entertain visitors. Trouble will land on any family member's arm - and one of our neighbors whom she trusts. (It started because Trouble was always hopping the fence to visit with our neighbor. That's why I wanted a quick way to get her back home over the fence. I just hold my arm out, call, & get a Sebright.

We also trained some Spitzhaubens to do it as well. Thankfully our 10lb orps have never tried it! Ouch! Those gals can't even hop a 2' fence, so no worries there.
IMG_3856.jpg

I have 3 BSL as well. All of my gals are 2 this year. Hoping the BSL don't bully the new ones like they did the D'Uccles when I brought them home.

I have 3 BSL as well. All of my gals are 2 this year. Hoping the BSL don't bully the new ones like they did the D'Uccles when I brought them home.
Sebrights are good at standing up for themselves....I have one Sebright and one D'Uccle, the D'Uccle is the lowest in the pecking order....the Sebright holds her own. All the others are large breeds.

Back
Top Bottom