sebright thread

Pics
This is really cute, I'm excited to see how they turn out :)
I'm so excited my last little silver girl I have left (raccoons are not my friends) hatched three chicks about a week ago. She went broody and hatched them all on her own and she is a wonderful mother. So far the chicks are very healthy and doing great. She is SQ but since my SQ gold roo was eaten by coons along with his 2 gold pullets, the father is a gold/silver split. He's not the best quality, so we'll have to see how they turn out.

I love sebright babies as well!!!...mine are 3 weeks now and starting to fly!!! I saw one get to 3' high! I cant wait to see if they have good edging and color...the wait is killing me
barnie.gif
gig.gif

That's sad:( do u have them out in the coop with a broody? I tried leaving 2 with my silver hen and she was NOT a good mother unfortunately. The first one got a cut above its eye so I put that in the brooder and the next one was pecked so bad the next morning by the others it died:( I wont leave anymore after that experience....

They free range with their mother, she has been a great mother so far. I noticed though that the two bigger ones were straying pretty far from her during the day. And then a couple hours later they were gone, not a trace of them.

We have found that if we let them free range with their mother after about a week, we get a much better survival rate. Don't know why, but they do.

I finally resigned myself to the fact that my Pipsqueak was indeed a boy (when he started crowing at me) and I found him a nice new home.

His new home comes complete with a girlfriend:

Sad to see him go, but he is with one of the project leaders for the girl's 4H group...so we can see him often!

Back
Top Bottom