sebright thread

Pics
I had a question about Sebrights. In a few weeks, I am going to be adding a Silver Sebright to my flock, and I was wondering if they are as prone to Merek's disease as people say they are. Also, are they really that friendly? And, how well do they lay for their size?
I have a single pair of Silvers and the little pullet lays about 3 to 4 eggs a week. I was surprised that she laid so well. The chicks seem to be a little prone to getting sick. I've raised about 20 chicks and have lost about 5. At about week 3 or 4, the chicks would get droopy and have a loss of energy.
Don't know about Merek's. Ours are also very friendly.

Im thinking on putting mine in the state fair
Post some pics so we can see.
smile.png

Here is a more recent photo of Nelson's Ruffles ... sorry it is a bit blurry, Ruffles is usually on the move, so isn't very easy to photograph unless he is having a cuddle, and then all his gorgeous ruffles are just a confusing pile!

And here is Runner. She is about the size of the Sebrights, but isn't nearly as old, besides them, she is the smallest of our bantams. We think she is a Mille Fluer D'Uccle, but she isn't bearded, at least not yet, so we can't be sure.

Back
Top Bottom