Seems like it took FOREVER!!

thats is nice, I wish I had the room to set eggs, I can not have roosters so I can not take the chance on getting mostly roosters. Did your grand daughter arrive?

I already have 2 roos. Can't keep any more in the space I have. If we hatch more boys they'll have to be rehomed. The ones I may hatch are what we need next yr for 4-H. Hatching eggs from show quality birds are cheaper than actual birds. Also, if my broody raises them, I won't have to put a brooder in my house again. Plus momma will integrate them into the flock. I won't have to.

No human baby yet. She is actually due on "Labor Day" which I find hilarious. What better day to go into labor?

I found two eggs in the flower bed yesterday! They are from my Ancona! Going to try and get her to start laying in the nesting box today. I might have to switch from shavings to straw for a bit to help.

Got three eggs in the nesting box, one broken one in the coop and a soft shell in the yard. I finally have the recycled new coop done and the girls moved in tonight. We had to do a few revisions once they were in but they were already checking out the nesting boxes! I think I'll leave them in there the next two days so they can get use to it and my hubby won't have to get them in by himself.

Congrats everyone!

After moving my 8 girls to my camp 45 minutes from home, I expected some break in laying, but they didn't miss a beat. Happily getting eggs from all of them every day. One day one laid out in the run, but yesterday they were all back in the nest boxes. One proud chickie momma!

Soooo excited! I just found our first egg in the coop this morning. My hubby was shaking his head at me when I ran up to him with a chicken in one hand and an egg in the other shouting 'we got our first egg'. its kinda like a babies first step for me (we don't have kids and no intention of having any) so I was a wee bit giddy.

Soooo excited! I just found our first egg in the coop this morning. My hubby was shaking his head at me when I ran up to him with a chicken in one hand and an egg in the other shouting 'we got our first egg'. its kinda like a babies first step for me (we don't have kids and no intention of having any) so I was a wee bit giddy.

That's the cutest thing I have read all day!!!!!! Congrats on the egg!!!!

Thank you linda.
My husband told me 'that's what they're supposed to do' lol
I didn't expect to see eggs for a few more weeks. If my calculations are correct my girls are only 17-18 weeks. I'm not sure which one left me the prize. I'm half tempted to put my husband's game camera in there.

Back
Top Bottom