Sewandgrow's Third Annual "Friends of A Feather" Poultry Party, Turlock CA, May 3rd, 2015 (Chat Thre

So far I'm bringing buff brahma bantam eggs, black tailed Japanese, old English game bantams and barred rocks. Plus some fun duck eggs from my buff bunch and Rouen crosses just in case anyone was interested in swapping same goes for any extra eggs I get from the breeding pens =) I hope to make lots of new enablers at this party =) still bringing potatoe salad and my brother lol. Is there a estimate on attendees? Want to make sure I make an adequate amount of potatoe salad ;)
I'll be taking some shots of my parent birds to show anyone interested in swapping extra eggs or that wants to see them =)

Since the party is May 3rd I hope to show up for a visit. My DH and Son will be too sore from moving family and friends (my parents and my best friend in the same week!
th.gif
) to even move off the recliner so I'm planning on showing up solo. Who knows, I may bring some kiddos :) At any rate, these are the eggs that we gather on a weekly basis:

English Orpingtons, Lavender, Lavender Cuckoo, and Black Split. The eggs are all together so the hatches are those color choices. Parent birds come from Deanne @ Juststruttin, Heirloom Orpington, and Papa's Poultry.

Swedish Flower Hens, parent birds are from GFF. Not the German imports.

EO Basque Hens, my stock is now my own line (I guess - sounds weird to say) Some of the original birds came from GFF and Deanne but I had a cockerel last year from Ron, via Megan. The cockerel was the latest import from Spain. This years breeding stock is the result of last years efforts. These are mostly pullets and the eggs are not yet full size. But they hatch just fine.

Lots of blue and green eggs. I don't have the AM's separated out so if you get blue and green eggs you will get some BBS AMs in the mix. I just put my Blue AM cockerel and the hens in with the egg layers. There is no other rooster in that pen. However, some of my big egg EE's hop the fence and visit the vaulted skull SFH cockerel for conjugal visits so we get the cutest crested EE's when we hatch the blue and green eggs. I have actually tried to avoid SFH x EE's but the girls are in LOOOOOVE.

There you have it, let me know if anything strikes your fancy.

Also, I am planning to take the following roosters/cockerels to the auction on Friday. If anyone wants one, speak up and you can pick it up at the farm (Modesto). I understand we are not to bring live poultry to Karen's house? Makes sense to me!

1 NICE MFL about 13 - 14 months old
1 SFH uncrested about 1 yr
1 Black English Orpington, 1 yr
1 EO Basque cockerel, 10 months with polka dots in his underfluff
1 EE (1/2 Blue Wheaten AM) very sweet. Used to take care of the babies in the broody pen until I kicked him out. 11 months
1 EE (1/2 Jubilee Orp) beautiful black spots on red feathers. Stunning but I have no real place for him anymore. 16 months

Is there a consolidated list of the food? I'm trying to decide what to bring. I've been reading through the thread but am hoping that all the food is listed in one post, :)

I'm having the same problem - not sure what to bring.

And it looks like I'll have 2 friends joining me :)
Se below for food list....... Sod you are bringing your friends

Monet and I are coming plus she is bringing her friend Sadie. Sadie helps take care of my breedin

g chickens at the farm and also went with us to the poultry show in Modesto.
How nice that Monet s bringing a fiend a long. Olivia may have a friend with her too, she usually does.

FOOD LIST SO FAR: & SUPPLIES

CHICKEN ENCHILADA CASSEROLE MAIN DISH
CHINESE CABBAGE SALAD
CHILI
CUPCAKES
ALL UTENSILS
POTATO SALAD
PASTA SALAD
COOKIES
FRESH SALSA & CHIPS
ORZO PASTA SALAD
POT D' CREAM
FRESH FRUIT

SUGGESTIONS:
DRINKS
GREEN SALAD OR VEGETABLE FINGER FOODS
CHIPS & DIPS
JELLO DESSERT SALADS

ANYTHING YOU WANT TO BRING

REFRIGERATOR & FREEZER AVAILABLE

Sorry you guys I am fighting with my computer this morning & it is skipping half of what I type & I am not a good typist to begin with so I am double & triple typing & still missing letters some time.

How nice that Monet s bringing a fiend a long. Olivia may have a friend with her too, she usually does.

CHINESE CABBAGE SALAD
CHILI
CUPCAKES
ALL UTENSILS
POTATO SALAD
PASTA SALAD
COOKIES
FRESH SALSA & CHIPS
ORZO PASTA SALAD
POT D' CREAM
FRESH FRUIT

SUGGESTIONS:
DRINKS
CHIPS & DIPS
JELLO DESSERT SALADS

Thank you for posting this list , Karen! That helps me, I think!

CHINESE CABBAGE SALAD
CHILI
CUPCAKES
ALL UTENSILS
POTATO SALAD
PASTA SALAD
COOKIES
FRESH SALSA & CHIPS
ORZO PASTA SALAD
POT D' CREAM
FRESH FRUIT

SUGGESTIONS:
DRINKS
CHIPS & DIPS
JELLO DESSERT SALADS

Karen we will be bringing our home made water fizzer if we have cold water. I'll try and get a lemon juice and sweatner to make it into lemonaid friday if I'm not too behind.

I'm coming! I will be bringing cochin bantam eggs. I have a little flock of mottleds and a mixed flock of different colors.

I'm also interested in other colors. Anyone bringing any cochin bantam eggs?

Karen we will be bringing our home made water fizzer if we have cold water. I'll try and get a lemon juice and sweatner to make it into lemonaid friday if I'm not too behind.
I am unfamiliar with that but it sounds good. We will have plenty of water & I have Stevia or real sugar if you need it.

Back
Top Bottom