She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

lol... I'm lucky... we have a modest piece and my OH is the biggest enabler... I really wanted duck eggs, MIL wants them now too... first hatch of Calls all 4 turn out to be very handsome drakes... finally a single to hatch and luckily turned out to be female and then 2 more, 1 of each... looks like I may finally get some eggs in Spring... and will be hatching them all! lol :D

I think I found a solid breeder for call eggs in the spring!! Trying to pre-order now. Very excited!! Have you ever done shipped duck eggs? (I will get them over-nighted).

Look what Loretta gave me today.

:woot

Ok…Day 14 Candling…Im going to research to see what the eggs should look like at this stage.

Does anyone have any insight, images or links to a Day 14 Candling that I can use as a guide to see what the eggs are suppose to look like? Any help would be great thanks

Well my girls must have enjoyed themselves yesterday... 8 hens and I got 8 eggs this morning. Hadn't even done that at home! Been getting 7 for a few days, but I'm impressed. Might not get any tomorrow since the move may disrupt them, but I'm very proud of them.

tg - I'll find that link, if someone doesn't get it first.

Now THAT'S a story!

I cant believe I missed this post!!!! :lau that is amazing!
@RubyNala97
,  Regarding your post of kicking the skunk:eek:   Honey, I think it's time for an eye exam.

Seen a commercial awhile back......The lady is calling her cat in...."Here Kitty-Kitty".   In came a raccoon.  She said "Good Kitty!" 
The commercial is for eye glasses and says "Missing Something?"

I love that commercial too!!!

Thank goodness for the roos. I can point at them and say "see, it could be worse"

:gig :lau

Poor little thing isn't out yet. It appears to be zipping the wrong way.

Time to be full on red!!!!! We will guide you!!!

:gig

That's not cool. Bet you'll be going full on red here soon...

Oh...are they hatching duck instead of chicks?? The one I gave was for chicks. :/

Agreed!
Yep, I will be red. After all the problems if it survives may need to name it Miracle.

That's a cute name!

Well my girls must have enjoyed themselves yesterday... 8 hens and I got 8 eggs this morning. Hadn't even done that at home! Been getting 7 for a few days, but I'm impressed. Might not get any tomorrow since the move may disrupt them, but I'm very proud of them.

tg - I'll find that link, if someone doesn't get it first.

Hahahahahahah!! Must have really enjoyed themselves! :lau :gig

Last edited:
Ok…Day 14 Candling…Im going to research to see what the eggs should look like at this stage.

Does anyone have any insight, images or links to a Day 14 Candling that I can use as a guide to see what the eggs are suppose to look like? Any help would be great thanks

there are a lot of candling videos out there use your search engine type in egg candling videos and you get a bunch

Back
Top Bottom