Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

these guys can go outside soon but it's supposed to drop into the 20's in the next few days. 80 degrees today, high on sun is 43
boy that's a swing. I just got finished wrapping the bottom of one of the big pens with hardware cloth gonna move the grey and her chicks there and move the newly gone Broody white kelso to where she was. Also gotta straw all the pens and just a general freshening up

boy that's a swing. I just got finished wrapping the bottom of one of the big pens with hardware cloth gonna move the grey and her chicks there and move the newly gone Broody white kelso to where she was. Also gotta straw all the pens and just a general freshening up
Yep I cut the grass for the first time this year. Gotta clean out water cups, reseed some of the pen areas, finish weed eating, etc.. Raising a bunch of chickens is hard work lol

Witnessed something for the first time today. I put the grey hen with the chicks in a big pen (6x10x10) went and did some pens went back to check on them a couple hrs later sitting on a bucket and I noticed a chick squatting not moving much. Sitting there watching it got up stumbled a little but and the hen ran to it picked it up by the head and kicked it about 6 times killing it instantly. Then went back to the others and started scratching the ground for them to eat. That to me is natural selection.

Witnessed something for the first time today. I put the grey hen with the chicks in a big pen (6x10x10) went and did some pens went back to check on them a couple hrs later sitting on a bucket and I noticed a chick squatting not moving much. Sitting there watching it got up stumbled a little but and the hen ran to it picked it up by the head and kicked it about 6 times killing it instantly. Then went back to the others and started scratching the ground for them to eat. That to me is natural selection.
That to me would be the definition. Not turning them loose to the wolves like some folks do. The 20 chicks that got killed by a stray dog just didn't have the smarts to make it in the wild. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom