Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 1139786
Not much was in this months gamecock magazine. Learning a lot with the gamefowl and man some of these birds are very strong and very aggressive. Put tie cords to close to each other. Didn't take long for them to make some noise. Tee pees now, hoop coops, free rangers and close to 500 birds not all gamefowl but close to 200 are gamefowl. Sold prolly close to 500 and that's y I have so few. Got into mearns quail, Tennessee red quail, California valley quail, got investors now. Website almost done and 4 commercial brooders and one heated commercial brooder. Bout it. Lol. Most of my birds are in molt. The games that is.
Well you astonish me every time.

Congrats and good job going above and beyond again. Start posting some more pictures, I'd like to see the yard and your setup now.

A lot people sell "direct from ...." out here in California. They even show pictures with Famous breeders or leg/wing bands... I think they do it to show credibility. But I can see how selling other peoples birds for profit only can be seen as a peddler move. But then again buying 5 trios is quite the investment and one would expect a return on that investment.

Not the potential buyers problem someone bought 5trios. For basically flipping someone else's birds someone bred and refined only for profit is pretty chickenshit to me. Yeah I sold some of mine but I never clout what they were they sold themselves and I gifted tons and bred other people's birds for them 100's of times so they gifted me some. I help them, they offer to me.

Well maybe not 100s lol

Just to remind everyone I called it awhile back. Chicken sh*t is an understatement. I've had plenty of people ask me about certain birds. I told them exactly where And who I got them from. High noon leipers is a perfect example. I bought my eggs directly from Gary. I referred anyone that was looking to get birds from me to just get them direct from him.
A few years or days of breeding doesn't give anyone with any credibility the right to sell others birds. Peddling is exactly what it is.

A lot people sell "direct from ...." out here in California. They even show pictures with Famous breeders or leg/wing bands... I think they do it to show credibility. But I can see how selling other peoples birds for profit only can be seen as a peddler move. But then again buying 5 trios is quite the investment and one would expect a return on that investment.
Paying a few bucks for some birds isnt even close to the years of time invested to get those birds where they are by the original breeder. Seem like a slap in the pouch to me.

ya those are good points...

I dont know his intentions so I am not going to defend him or anyone...

but I dont think he has a normal job... he makes his money by investing into ventures like that. From what I understand, he has several pokers in the fire and makes his money by investing/breeding/growing and selling the results.

At some point people buy good birds and breed them, and eventually sell them.. at what point is that person not a peddler? After what 2,3,5 generations of his own selection?

ya those are good points...

I dont know his intentions so I am not going to defend him or anyone...

but I dont think he has a normal job... he makes his money by investing into ventures like that. From what I understand, he has several pokers in the fire and makes his money by investing/breeding/growing and selling the results.

At some point people buy good birds and breed them, and eventually sell them.. at what point is that person not a peddler? After what 2,3,5 generations of his own selection?
No. Until they win or die trying consistently. We're not talking quail here chief.

Buying with the sole intention to profit -peddler

Getting into them as a hobby and to further them and help getting others started and selling some to offset cost- not peddling. A chicken philantropist so to speak

All in the intention to me

Once people start talking "investors" it's quite apparent. Actually the entire last post it's obvious

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom