Show Off Your Games!

Thanks Daniel
smile.png
still deciding if I want to pu a couple of chicks to try, I don't want to have to hand raise them if she won't take them
sad.png
Can you tell me what line this hen might be? She doesn't have a comb at all, I haven't seen that before & I didn't think hens were ever dubbed?
Difficult to say really what line she could be; if she has no comb she may be dubbed or it may be a walnut comb which would mean she possibly carries a recent dosage of Oriental blood or some type of yard fowl that has a walnut comb. I wouldn't say that hens are never dubbed though, just not typically dubbed. My father loaned a friend of ours a wingate brown red once and when we received her back she had her comb dubbed, he said it was so he could "tell the difference" between the two hens (i.e. our brown red's and his) but with him who really knows. I've seen other people dub their hens if they got frostbite, there may be other reasons as well.

Just guessing right off though, I'd say she probably carries a little hatch blood. Looks like some of the very old Right nose hatch stuff we had (which were just Rubles), but can't be certain as I have a hen that is a yard hatch from a 3/4 Stewart 1/4 Gilmore hatch and a 7/8 Morgan Whitehackle and 1/8th Shelton roundhead hen who came looking fairly similar to your hen except for having a single comb. Also had some Brassy back albanies X Lacy roundhead's come blue legged and looking fairly close to your hen except they had some type of black penciling throughout the feathers in some spots. I guess the blue legs came from that lacy line, might of carried some hatch; not entirely sure as they didn't last long here and were replaced by a better strain of lacy.

God bless,
Daniel.

Last edited:
Hi everybody,

I'm Bill, an Italian farmer, who loves game fowls so much

there's someone, maybe in Europe, who have got Madagascars and can sell me some eggs?

I'm trying to read this huge amount of post, in search of tricks and info

I try to do some serious selection, even if there aren't so much breeders to swap with

the less who can import some new blood lines sells the eggs at thief's prices, not every time you're sure to buy a pure breed

crossing O-Shamo and Aseel it's ordinary

Last summer I found these hens abandoned as chicks.. I been trying to find what they are, straight comb blue legged sisters.
Are they blue face?
Thanks

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom