Show off your Peas!

Well, another sad day in pealand.
RIP Mr. Floppy.
sad.png

Thanks MinxFox. He was pretty and quite an eccentric and independent fellow.
sad.png

I don't know what happened to him. He has actually been missing for at least a month, but I was only partially worried, because he's the only guy who leaves our territory and wanders off periodically - sometimes I don't see him for months at a time. But we found his body and he had clearly been dead for quite a while. He was quite old, so maybe it was old age?

Sorry to bring down the mood of the Show Off Your Peas thread...

Thanks MinxFox. He was pretty and quite an eccentric and independent fellow.
sad.png

I don't know what happened to him. He has actually been missing for at least a month, but I was only partially worried, because he's the only guy who leaves our territory and wanders off periodically - sometimes I don't see him for months at a time. But we found his body and he had clearly been dead for quite a while. He was quite old, so maybe it was old age?

Sorry to bring down the mood of the Show Off Your Peas thread...

Well at least he lived a good long life.
hugs.gif
Was he the dominant peacock of the area? It might be interesting to see who takes his place...

Last edited:
I have had raccoon issues with the peafowl before. I know how terrible that can be.
sad.png

It is 1:33 here.

I am up working on my website. I am tired of people using my photos on their peafowl breeding websites on the pages showing the varieties they raise. People ought to use their own photos soo I am putting www.BambooPeacock.com on all of my website photos and I might start doing it for photos I put on here as well, although I have posted so many photos on here already without any mark so I dunno...
hmm.png

I have no idea... I emailed them about it telling them nicely that they ought to give credit to the photos they are using and also use photos of their own birds to sell their peafowl.

When I decided I wanted peafowl I got addicted to searching peafowl photos all the time, so I know where a lot of peafowl photos are from. They have photos from Texaspeafowl on their site also. Even on their for sale page for peachicks for sale they use a photo I recognize from flickr. The others are probably from other places too.

Some very small peafowl breeders use large peafowl breeder's photos. I myself am a small peafowl breeder, but this might be the second or so time I have found my photo on another site. I told them if they don't have a camera they should find a friend that does have a camera and get them to take photos of their birds.

It is obvious that they have peafowl because on their home page they have a video showing their local news doing a short story on them and it shows them catching a peacock by one leg, which is scary to watch because it is dangerous to catch them by one leg because catching them that way can make them break their leg...

Anyways I need to quit my rant. All I know is I don't use other people's peafowl photos on my website, so at least I can be happy in knowing that.

I should probably put a photo up here to make up for my ranting...
Not sure if I have ever shared this but I sent this photo into the United Peafowl Association. This is a photo of my peacock Alto displaying with me holding up a UPA Peafowl Today magazine.

Back
Top Bottom