Show off your Peas!

I wished i had a better way to share the whole thing live it was like super high swirling winds with all that pea hollering with it, he could not see where the sounds were coming from as he was behind a grove of trees that surround my place, it was funny just thinking what he thought but when he drove off i knew things done got serious
lau.gif

Last night the wind was blowing so hard it cause a power outage here due to limbs on the line, now it is 3:30 in the morning when the lineman got here and pitch black, i never went out and spoke with him cause i had all the dogs with me but what happens next had me rolling on the floor laughing.

The lineman had started to shine his q-beem which in turn set off every peacock,peahen,peachick to calling like a bunch of cats, he turned that light off for a minute and i could only imagine what he was thinking, HOSTAGES anyhow they quieted right down well till he turned his light back on, those birds screamed like children he turned the light back off and got back in his truck and drove away leaving us in the dark about 30 minutes later he returned and got his business done and we got lights back on, i never did get to talk to him, wind howling so bad i could not even holler and get his attention in the dark.

I found out later that entergy had called my daughter and told her that the lineman was scared of whatever was screaming and lost his nerve, she assured them it was ok that it was only peacocks screaming at him.
If i never been around peas and this happened i would still be running
hide.gif

yuckyuck.gif
Love it!!

I can't even imagine what that poor guy was thinking! First time I heard one scream was at a friends farm. Didn't realize they even had peas. I naturally thought someone was being murdered!!

I know i have more peas than many but i can not imagine anyone having them in a neighborhood and have everyone happy about it.

We all love the sound here and when the wind was whirling around blowing in my face and the peas were hollering in the pitch black it gave me a feeling of being in great turmoil but on the outside looking in, it was quite enlightening,
Not to mention it was the first night the lightning bugs were out in full force

i love pree storm weather like leaning into the high winds when a tropical storm blows in

Last edited:
I know i have more peas than many but i can not imagine anyone having them in a neighborhood and have everyone happy about it.

We all love the sound here and when the wind was whirling around blowing in my face and the peas were hollering in the pitch black it gave me a feeling of being in great turmoil but on the outside looking in, it was quite enlightening,
Not to mention it was the first night the lightning bugs were out in full force

i love pree storm weather like leaning into the high winds when a tropical storm blows in
That is too funny!

Reminds me of my grandma. Someone who lives near her owns some peafowl and everytime I go over to her house and hear them call, I'd get happy. She'd just get annoyed. She says "You wouldn't like them so much hearing them every morning at 6:00a.m."

Back
Top Bottom