Show off your Peas!

New peacock coop. Still need to finish up the inside, going to try to get some grass growing.

Good job birdrain
thumbsup.gif
, glad you have more room for your Peas.
No roosters allowed, right???

No roosters. Right now Jadea is alone healing. She's healing really fast too, hopefully she can be with her lover rather next week or the week after hopefully. Here's the inside of the place, I still got to build a door that way I don't have peafowl with the abandoned calves during the winter going at each other. The photo is her first day in there, She's been there for almost three days and she looks a lot better then what she does in this photo. Those orange planters is were the door will be. She still has both eyes I know in this photo it almost looks like the one eye is gone but she still has both. Her food and water are behind the corner were the door will be. She just likes sitting by the entrance to the pen.

Last edited:
Hello all, I have been watching this thread for the 8-12 months and I finally got some pictures to share with the group. I ended up adding to my bird flock 3 male IB and 1 female IB, and possibly one other female in the next few months. The new one is a hand raised house pet that the previous pea own still has, she goes on car ride sleeps in the house etc.. But back to the topic at hand here are the photos.. I have 9 eggs in the bator and 3 eggs under a broody and penny is still laying one about every 4 days.. And if I am wrong on the IB part let me know.

Leonard

Penny

Raj after his two day walkabout on the way back to his pen, He got loose from his temporary pen, which I had moved him to because Leonard was showing his dominance in the pen with penny.

Sheldon in the Back and Leonard in the front. Sheldon free ranges and does well at staying close.. Leonard was out for a controlled walk.

Sheldon walking around the chicken run taunting Raj.

Sheldon and Penny again.

Thanks
Mitch

Your peas are beautiful. They look like IB to me. Penny looks like she may be a low % spalding. I love their names
smile.png
That's one of my favorite shows.

Last edited:
No roosters. Right now Jadea is alone healing. She's healing really fast too, hopefully she can be with her lover rather next week or the week after hopefully. Here's the inside of the place, I still got to build a door that way I don't have peafowl with the abandoned calves during the winter going at each other. The photo is her first day in there, She's been there for almost three days and she looks a lot better then what she does in this photo. Those orange planters is were the door will be. She still has both eyes I know in this photo it almost looks like the one eye is gone but she still has both. Her food and water are behind the corner were the door will be. She just likes sitting by the entrance to the pen.

Her cheek looks swollen are you sure she does not have an infection?
Nice pen you built for your peas too.

Back
Top Bottom