Show off your Peas!

I might get some peachicks. Rather they are IB spilt to White, IB, BS, or BS split to White. Is that a thing a BS split to white? I might also get white chicks from a different area though from a nature trail near by. Wow I'm might be getting lots of chicks! I can't wait don't know what to name them since I haven't seen them. The white chicks I might get already got names for but the other unknown chicks won't name until I see them. I'm getting my peafowl business started.

BS split white male.

I really liked your pics Lisa! I was out last night in the pen chillin w/ the birds. Can't hardly get my guys to sit still for nothing. Boss & Tipsy are starting to get some color in their necks, hopefully I can get some good pics of that tonight. #3 & Squirt are getting big, won't be long until they catch up w/ their pen mates!

They are beautiful and Awesome! I will take a BS split to white chick. How can you tell if they are split to white at a young age?

Ata very young age you can't tell, BS chicks are almost white at hatch. They stay very light for awhile and then they start to get color, gray and tan shades to start. Males will just keep getting darker and hens will maintain a speckled salt and pepper look. The best way to tell is to check those primary wing feather's the ones on the very tips of a split white are usually white. A regular IB BS has a reddish brown wing feather on the tips and they are usually edged in black.

On the male in my pictures these feathers are all white.

So you have to wait and see if the primary wing feathers stay white without getting a color?

Yes, exactly.
thumbsup.gif

I might get some peachicks. Rather they are IB spilt to White, IB, BS, or BS split to White. Is that a thing a BS split to white? I might also get white chicks from a different area though from a nature trail near by. Wow I'm might be getting lots of chicks! I can't wait don't know what to name them since I haven't seen them. The white chicks I might get already got names for but the other unknown chicks won't name until I see them. I'm getting my peafowl business started.
BS split white male.
My little Mork has three little white primary coverts on each wing. :D Do either of his parents have any white wing feathers? -Kathy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom