Show off your Peas!

Purina makes a 30% gamebird starter, which mine hate, so I feed turkey starter.

-Kathy

Do you feed turkey starter to all your peas all the time then?
My young ones gets mostly turkey starter and my adults get a mix of turkey starter and a gamebird seed mix called TMC, which is about 14% protein.

Be warned, several people have had leg problems in growing chicks from feeding a high protein feed. I've been lucky and haven't.

-Kathy

My young ones gets mostly turkey starter and my adults get a mix of turkey starter and a gamebird seed mix called TMC, which is about 14% protein.

Be warned, several people have had leg problems in growing chicks from feeding a high protein feed. I've been lucky and haven't.

-Kathy

My pair is about a year and a half. I've been feeding a flock crumble that's about 22% protein. If I'd mix it with turkey starter to bring up the protein level do you think thatd be ok? I've been worried that they're not getting enough protein which is why I was wondering where everyône found their high protein feed.

I am really surprised that your local coop does not have game bird feed. Most of them make the feed that locals want and need, ours do not make a medicted game bird starter so we use regular chicken starter and supplement with boiled egg to bring up the protean level.

I have read here that grown peas do not need 28%, but rather closer to 22%. We start with 28% but adding scratch, other grains and other treats like vegetables and fruit, brings that level down.

One of the turkey starters I feed is 25.3%, the other is 27%. No need to reply, just sharing what's available here in South Santa Clara County. :D

-Kathy

May's name is being switched to Kit Kat. My parents liked that name better than May. I just got my new IB peahen and her name is Sage. She's the same age as Colbolt.

Last edited:
One spoiled pea!

Back
Top Bottom