Show off your Peas!

All my males are best friends but when breeding season arrives all bets are off till they drop that train again but as i said they can escape each other if things get bad, like the fellow up in the loft, he was being chased he hoped up in the loft .

Thanks for the kudos, i love taking photos
celebrate.gif

My younger birds spar and the older ones stay out of it but seem to enjoy watching them.
so till yours get older like 3 they should be fine.
here are some young whites going at it with the older peas watching them.

Click on photo and then the original to see the larger more detailed photo
wink.png

Zaz, your photos are ALWAYS amazing!! Never stop taking them!
hugs.gif
thumbsup.gif

Those of you out there experienced white Pea owners. .what is a realistic age to be able to sex them? I know most I've read is a year old but hoping maybe more like 6-9 months? ? Of course I'll post progressive pics for everyone's input but...what can I say...I know I know pea keepers can't be impatient..but that I am!! Lol:p

As always beautiful pics Zaz!

What kind of peafowl do you have? India Blue? The males will retain the barring on their wings, but the females will start to lose barring on their wings.

Maybe you could try to sex them based on the shape of the tail feathers at 6 months or when ever your white peafowl are done growing in feathers for this year.

What kind of peafowl do you have? India Blue? The males will retain the barring on their wings, but the females will start to lose barring on their wings.

I have a IB pair a few years old. But I recently purchased two Whites. They were just hatched in Mid-late June so still early but I'm already leaning towards a pair because of their legs. .??

Back
Top Bottom