Show off your Peas!

Wow amazing pictures n peas everyone!!!! so bz on our farm havn't been on here in forever!! miss you guys n keeping up on info n picts :) Gonna post some picts that are a month old now... hoping to get out there today and take more :) All are 2.5 years old - and are shedding like crazy :) Houdina Rose Houdina Mark Anthony
LL
Cleo Georgia n Houdina Georgia Cleo and MA - (Roses Back)
Gorgeous birds!!:drool

How old ? And can you post a picture of the back and one of the chest?

Probably between two and three months.

Here is the top view. She is the first to come up to the feed bowl at feeding time.

Front view.

Running to the next bowl with her sister.

Showing a bit of green! No throat patch.

I also got some of my IBBS to post here instead of stepping on your Bronze thread.

Caught this little (guy?) strutting his stuff for this little hen.

Hard to catch when he was backing up a lot.

I have six BS chicks in these pictures. These three are IBBS/WE, and of course I had to include Nanu for you to see.
I think there are two cocks and one hen? Although if you say two hens I would be really happy as I have a two year old IBBS/WE already.

I am confident that this is a cock, he was very intent on something on the wire and too easy of a shot to pass up.

These two are at the bottom of the pecking order in the pen. Can you tell sex on them? I am guessing males...

This is Freebird, he is sporting his first big boy feathers! He will be three next year.

Thanks for looking!

Hmm, now you have me thinking about my BS hen! She also has a very light (looks white) feather in her crest. I have thought she might be split white or split pied, but her egg came out of a "mixed" pen, so I don't think we know which birds laid the egg, and none of her eggs have hatched yet - this was her first year laying, she's just two
love.gif

Probably between two and three months.

Here is the top view. She is the first to come up to the feed bowl at feeding time. I would like to see pics of the chest and back again in maybe 2 weeks, this bird's back looks like a hen but the chest feathers could be male. I had an IB that was slit pied hatch this past summer and he fooled me. Had me thinking hen until about 10 weeks old. The split pied apparently caused a lessening of the stripes in the back, very odd. I'll try to find a pic of him to post.

Front view.

Running to the next bowl with her sister.

Showing a bit of green! No throat patch.

I also got some of my IBBS to post here instead of stepping on your Bronze thread.

Caught this little (guy?) strutting his stuff for this little hen. That sure looks like a male to me.

Hard to catch when he was backing up a lot.

I have six BS chicks in these pictures. These three are IBBS/WE, and of course I had to include Nanu for you to see.
I think there are two cocks and one hen? Although if you say two hens I would be really happy as I have a two year old IBBS/WE already. That looks like a male in the middle and hens on either side, but I can't get a real good look at the area that has the "laced" feathers.

I am confident that this is a cock, he was very intent on something on the wire and too easy of a shot to pass up. Agreed, that look like a male, obvious pattern on him.

These two are at the bottom of the pecking order in the pen. Can you tell sex on them? I am guessing males... They both look like hens, but are all 6 BS birds the same age Bill? If some are younger they may just not be showing that dark "laced" pattern yet.

This is Freebird, he is sporting his first big boy feathers! He will be three next year.

Thanks for looking! He looks pretty pleased with his new feathers!

Thanks Mindy! If you don't mind we will take new pics in a couple of weeks to look at. Funny I had a feeling when I was putting labels on the pic of the IBs chest that you might say male, so much fun watching things like that!

On the three in the corner with Nanu, they are the oldest and broody raised by someone else and are pretty skittish. I will try to get better pics in a couple of weeks of them too. The last two in the other corner that I refereed to as being on the bottom of the pecking order were also boughten and the youngest in the pen. It's funny that the two or three I raised I can tell pretty well what sex they are, it's the other five I am having trouble with. I might have to take that statement back if hens get green on their backs...

Thanks for responding, I really appreciate the feedback.

Thanks Mindy! If you don't mind we will take new pics in a couple of weeks to look at. Funny I had a feeling when I was putting labels on the pic of the IBs chest that you might say male, so much fun watching things like that!

On the three in the corner with Nanu, they are the oldest and broody raised by someone else and are pretty skittish. I will try to get better pics in a couple of weeks of them too. The last two in the other corner that I refereed to as being on the bottom of the pecking order were also boughten and the youngest in the pen. It's funny that the two or three I raised I can tell pretty well what sex they are, it's the other five I am having trouble with. I might have to take that statement back if hens get green on their backs...

Thanks for responding, I really appreciate the feedback.

No problem, I wonder what happened to the 1 photo though? The one with the 3 BS and Nanu didn't copy when I "Quoted" your post. And I can't find a good picture of that male I hatched, but his back looked just like your bird's hardly any barring. I was certain he was a hen, just goes to show how easily they can fool us. :)

No problem, I wonder what happened to the 1 photo though? The one with the 3 BS and Nanu didn't copy when I "Quoted" your post. And I can't find a good picture of that male I hatched, but his back looked just like your bird's hardly any barring. I was certain he was a hen, just goes to show how easily they can fool us. :)

OK, enough talk about sex,,, for now. My original question is about the white crest feathers. I understand that white flights will indicate a split to either white or pied if accompanied with a white throat patch. This IB does not have either, so what does the white crest feathers indicate?, if anything?

Perhaps I should reiterate that its daddy is a IBBS/Cameo and its momma was an IB or Cameo. God only knows what else there might have been mixed into the parents.
idunno.gif

The crest feathers if they stay white would have to indicate some genes of the White, Pied or WE variety. When I asked for the dorsal and ventral views I also looked for any white, but didn't see any. Neither IB, IBBS, or Cameo is going to have a white crest, so that means there must be something else hidden there as you said.....only the almighty is gonna know for sure!

Back
Top Bottom