Show off your Peas!

Lovely pics, love looking at them.

Zap, here is hoping they go easy on you too. I wouldn't know what to do without mine. I was sooo impressed with him when we moved, one of the young guys helping us move kept chasing the birds, he was very immature. Well he was very friendly to my dog bandit, so Bandit liked him. I kept warning him tho that my dog was going to object if he didn't stop it.

After about 4 times of this Bandit came up to him in mid chase, stood in front of him and gently put those big old jaws on his forearm! The kid was suitably impressed as was I. It really was a laugh. He was one of the hard ones. Zazouse, you probably even remember me lamenting...I did finally rehome his sister and he never killed another bird. But I had to watch him constantly and really work/train for the next six months. I really think we're it just him he would have been easier.

I trust him 100 percent now and will even walk carefully round the babies or sitting hen with eggs in his doghouse.

That is a beautiful dog , it is nice to sleep at night knowing they are in charge.

I have worked with multiple dogs of different breeds at one time and it can be trying but the Pyrenees are so in tune with their surroundings that they take naturally to guarding, my biggest asset in training is my broody hens with their chick they will tear a pup a new behind for going after their brood, Muscovy ducks and geese are the worst.

These two pups will be the 4th and 5th Pyrenees i have raised here The last one is the sister to these two and while she is just over a year she is already a great pea guardian.

Pretty peas they will love their new place
wink.png
these ten pens im building are for the pheasants...I havnt started the pens for the peas....
come follow the farmer on his journey...and as they grow up...
thread below in blue...
thanks for all your support...
you will be able to watch as I build...for the peafowl, chickens, ducks, and pheasants

That's a terrific two day gain! How much did the other one gain?

-Kathy

I didn't think about it until I was on the second peas dosing so I weighed the other when giving their evening dose and she went from 3 lbs 1 oz to 3 lbs 9 ozs! ! So one gained 6 ozs to 3 lbs 12 ozs and the other had a 8 oz gain. Just awesome!

Pretty Pea Selfie! Lol. This is the babe that had the minor surgery. The eyebrow area still appears swollen but I think it's from the procedure.

Last edited:
The white peacock I just bought in July as a two year old. He is pretty but not the brightest bulb in the socket. His name is Angel, got him to replace my beautiful pied that got lost last fall. He was an outstanding bird.

had to take a break today for building the coops and take a pic

This pretty boy is from last years hatch

Guess who is here not one but two future pea guardians, this should be fun
hide.gif
hopefully they will take after their sister Annie and be easy on me.i will know in a few months
hide.gif

Quote:
Pretty peas everyone & pretty/cute pups @zazouse !!
love.gif

This pretty boy is from last years hatch Guess who is here not one but two future pea guardians, this should be fun :oops: hopefully they will take after their sister Annie and be easy on me.i will know in a few months :oops:
Gorgeous pups, Zaz!!! Who did you get them from? Or is the classified information? London is So leggy and gangly! He's growing terribly fast it seems like. He's only just 5 months and his withers are several inches above my knees. I'm not super tall but after being used to GSDs, collies etc London is huge! :) Coyotes are coming closer and closer the colder it gets. I've been wishing for an older dog to help London out. My peas are doing great and I don't want to loose them! I'm expecting several does to kid late winter too, hopefully predators won't be too bad. We've already had snow tho so it worries me.

Lovely pics, love looking at them.

Zap, here is hoping they go easy on you too. I wouldn't know what to do without mine. I was sooo impressed with him when we moved, one of the young guys helping us move kept chasing the birds, he was very immature. Well he was very friendly to my dog bandit, so Bandit liked him. I kept warning him tho that my dog was going to object if he didn't stop it.

After about 4 times of this Bandit came up to him in mid chase, stood in front of him and gently put those big old jaws on his forearm! The kid was suitably impressed as was I. It really was a laugh. He was one of the hard ones. Zazouse, you probably even remember me lamenting...I did finally rehome his sister and he never killed another bird. But I had to watch him constantly and really work/train for the next six months. I really think we're it just him he would have been easier.

I trust him 100 percent now and will even walk carefully round the babies or sitting hen with eggs in his doghouse.

Beautiful dog!!! Here's a pic of my London. He's still got lots to learn but we're getting along well with him.

these ten pens im building are for the pheasants...I havnt started the pens for the peas....
come follow the farmer on his journey...and as they grow up...
thread below in blue...
thanks for all your support...
you will be able to watch as I build...for the peafowl, chickens, ducks, and pheasants
I will be watching the progress
thumbsup.gif
creating can be such fun even though it can also be very hard work, a labor of love is a wonderful thing
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom