Show off your Peas!

How about Educator on line
big_smile.png

I like the new avatar but i am so use to the other one i might miss your post till i get use to this one LOL
Yeah, not so sure about that one, lol, some might have an issue with it.

-Kathy

You order your sample card from HealthGene, and they send it to you free of charge along with a return envelope that you mail the card back in, you pay the postage and send along a $7 check. It took about 2 weeks to get the results. I did the random thing years back, and to be super sure I got a pair I bought 3. This is them.
All Boys! Never fails!
th.gif
Still have them all I think they are 7 now.

I bought three white chicks at about four weeks old last year. We did the 'Ring on a string thing' and ended up with one cock and two hens.
cool.png
We ring all the chicks, (chickens) before we take them to auction so we can keep the pullets and not have to feed all those cockerels.

I bought three white chicks at about four weeks old last year. We did the 'Ring on a string thing' and ended up with one cock and two hens.
cool.png
We ring all the chicks, (chickens) before we take them to auction so we can keep the pullets and not have to feed all those cockerels.

How accurate is the "Ring on a String"?

How accurate is the "Ring on a String"?

If you believe, it works. I say it is around 90% for us. One of DWs friends is a skeptic, she wanted three Royal Palm hens last year so when she came over DW ringed the five-week-old chicks for her. Well, the friend said that she read on line that the movement had to go the 'other' way and argued that she got males. For quite a while, DW lost her belief and doubted herself and could not do it accurately, when the friend reported that she got all three hens DWs mojo came back. It really is a belief in yourself just like witching for water, once you see that you can do it, it works.

If you want to try it, take any metal object like a washer and tie a string about eight inches to it. Now go find your dog or any animal you know of what sex it is. Hold the washer above it, over its heart is best and watch the movement. Try to hold the string as steady as possible, it will start moving on its own either back and forth or in a circular motion. Note what movement you have and what sex the animal is, that is 'your' movement for that sex. It does not matter what other peoples movement is, if back and forth is female, then that is what works for you, someone else may be circular, it does not matter.

If you believe, it works. I say it is around 90% for us. One of DWs friends is a skeptic, she wanted three Royal Palm hens last year so when she came over DW ringed the five-week-old chicks for her. Well, the friend said that she read on line that the movement had to go the 'other' way and argued that she got males. For quite a while, DW lost her belief and doubted herself and could not do it accurately, when the friend reported that she got all three hens DWs mojo came back. It really is a belief in yourself just like witching for water, once you see that you can do it, it works.

If you want to try it, take any metal object like a washer and tie a string about eight inches to it. Now go find your dog or any animal you know of what sex it is. Hold the washer above it, over its heart is best and watch the movement. Try to hold the string as steady as possible, it will start moving on its own either back and forth or in a circular motion. Note what movement you have and what sex the animal is, that is 'your' movement for that sex. It does not matter what other peoples movement is, if back and forth is female, then that is what works for you, someone else may be circular, it does not matter.

I've used witching and sticks and those things were fun! It sounds like some of those things that people use that they say it only works if you truly believe. I'm going to test this on my dogs and hope it works. I have two males and two females so I can test it really well.

Last edited:
Okay,,all Pea Palace birds are moved to their respective breeding pens for 2015.All you experts out there,,my overflow pen has 2 cameo w/e hens,Opal pied hen,2 bssp hens,one bronze hen with a bronze barred winged male and a opal barred wing male. Without spending days reading back in the archives,don't a bronze and cameo produce purples? Or was it peach? This pen is mostly coming 3 year olds and don't really expect too much production from them,just wondering what possibilities are out there?

Last edited:
Okay,,all Pea Palace birds are moved to their respective breeding pens for 2015.All you experts out there,,my overflow pen has 2 cameo w/e hens,Opal pied hen,2 bssp hens,one bronze hen with a bronze barred winged male and a opal barred wing male. Without spending days reading back in the archives,don't a bronze and cameo produce purples? Or was it peach? This pen is mostly coming 3 year olds and don't really expect too much production from them,just wondering what possibilities are out there?
No picture
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom