Show off your Peas!

I think he only has 2 or 3 pairs of Imperators at this time.

Of course Rocking B-A-B has the American Javas and the imported ones. Although since you want Javas after college by that time Zazouse's Javas will probably be producing chicks or very close to it.

Then there is Elton Housely who is near the Rocking B-A-B. I haven't visited him yet but AugeredIn has. He has a lot of greens.

Also there is Read Mountain Peafowl - https://www.facebook.com/Read-Mountain-Peafowl-299476123405814/

How long does it take for Greens to be old enough to breed? I think I read somewhere that they are around 4 or 5 years old before they can breed. Especially wanting to be a Veterinarian. That's going to be a lovely 8 years at the least.

Last edited:
How long does it take for Greens to be old enough to breed? I think I read somewhere that they are around 4 or 5 years old before they can breed. Especially wanting to be a Veterinarian. That's going to be a lovely 8 years at the least.

Hey, if you wash out of vet school you can always become an MD, that is much easier as they only have one animal to learn.

Hey, if you wash out of vet school you can always become an MD, that is much easier as they only have one animal to learn.

Yeah but I don't want to wash out of vet school, going to do my best to stay in it all the way and make it through and be a vet. I know and have worked with one of the vet instructors to the vet school I hope to attend. I got a little bit of an advantage to help me out in vet school.

Last edited:
Nice castor and nice pied peacock as well.

Before all the big rains came in I threw out some ryegrass seed in the aviary. I have never seen ryegrass grow so fast within just a few days. That rain came and made it shoot up quickly. The downside is it grew too quickly and due to so much rain the grass fell over onto itself and started rotting in patches.
hmm.png
Here is a photo of Frosty probably about to get into trouble for being on Alto's side of the aviary.

Here is one of my clumps of bamboo. I no longer want the clump to get larger so now I have to search for new shoots and kick them over to kill them.

Here are my sweet little peachicks. Flip Flop is on the left and Raptor is on the right.

Here they are greeting my foot at the door.

Raptor is getting very colorful.

He likes checking out the camera.

Here is a photo of Raptor with the flash on. What I really like about Imperators is how their feathers have a golden look to them. When you get down to the back feathers they start looking a bit red/orange.

Of course I can't forget my very sweet little hen Flip Flop. She really loves grapes.

Both goofy peachicks swarming me.

Some closeups of Raptor's feathers.

His wings are slowly getting brighter.

Alto

Peep wanting attention from me when I am in the peachick's pen. Peep has been a big problem for the peachicks. I have tried introducing them to the adult peafowl and Peep is the hardest on the peachicks. He chases and kicks at both of them. Snow White has also been picking on the chicks. I figure it is because Peep is the lowest ranking male and Snow White is the lowest ranking female and thus this is their chance to no longer be the lowest ranking birds so they are being rough on the chicks. Needless to say I don't let the chicks out with the adults a lot because of this conflict. Raptor is very much adult size already but he isn't even half a year old.

More of Raptor

Alto didn't want me to leave so he blocked the door.

Snow White on one of the perches.

All three whites in the aviary. I realize I have a lot of photos of just the whites together, but they really have formed their own group and they are usually on this side of the aviary.

They are so nice
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom