Show off your Peas!

Today I took a few photos of the peafowl. I didn't get any photos of my adult peahens because they all left the big aviary and were snooping around in the peachick's pen eating any leftover food they had and jumping in the dog boxes.
roll.png

Frosty started displaying. He has proven to be a really good model for photographs because he loves to pose, arch his neck, etc. Today for some of the photos of him I told him to stand still and keep his pose and he did haha.

Raptor was displaying a lot as well. Here is Frosty and Raptor next to each other.

Closeup of Raptor. I am having fun watching his wings get more blue.

Raptor's playmate, Flip Flop, was pecking my fingers. She is a really sweet young peahen.

Raptor

Raptor's face is nice and yellow. I can't wait for him to get that light blue on his face as well. His crest is getting nicer too.

Here is Alto probably waiting for food.

Frosty after displaying.

Peep getting his face scratched. As you can see he is missing a few crest feathers. I have yet to find out what peafowl is bullying him (probably on the roost at night) but I have a theory that it is Frosty picking on his crest. I will be moving Peep out of this aviary eventually.

Frosty - I like how the herl on a white peacock's train is so noticeable.

Raptor

Frosty by the clumping bamboo. I was trying to get Peep to jump up on the log to get his photo, but he wouldn't do it. Frosty jumped up though proving that he was willing to model a lot today. And to think he used to stop displaying when he saw me with a camera.
Beautiful photos. I can't wait for Ice to get his train. Raptor has gotten big!
Ice has his 2 year old train. He'll get his first big train this fall.

If you dont mind me asking, where is raptor from?

Gerald Barker
Thanks I don't mind at all saying where I got him from. Raptor is an Imperator that I got from @AugeredIn - I think he has 2-3 adult pairs of Imperators. I forgot exactly who AugeredIn got his adult greens from but he hasn't had them all that long...
Hey AugeredIn is Raptor related to Elton Housely's greens?

Beautiful photos. I can't wait for Ice to get his train. Raptor has gotten big!
Ice has his 2 year old train. He'll get his first big train this fall.
I remember when Frosty was about to get his first adult train. It is so exciting when they get their first adult train isn't it!? One of the things that inspired me to get peafowl was seeing a white peacock on a balcony preening his train. It was such a beautiful site. A white peacock with a full train is always an elegant, angelic sight.

Thanks I don't mind at all saying where I got him from. Raptor is an Imperator that I got from @AugeredIn - I think he has 2-3 adult pairs of Imperators. I forgot exactly who AugeredIn got his adult greens from but he hasn't had them all that long...

I remember when Frosty was about to get his first adult train. It is so exciting when they get their first adult train isn't it!? One of the things that inspired me to get peafowl was seeing a white peacock on a balcony preening his train. It was such a beautiful site. A white peacock with a full train is always an elegant, angelic sight.

You could say that again. I remember when Colbolt got his, I was so happy. I'm going to be happy too seeing Ice's as well. I love seeing White peacocks fan. I also like it when preening because it kind of fans out but it's leveled instead of always up.

You could say that again. I remember when Colbolt got his, I was so happy. I'm going to be happy too seeing Ice's as well. I love seeing White peacocks fan. I also like it when preening because it kind of fans out but it's leveled instead of always up.

My favorite are cameo's until the Texas sun fades them to nothing.

Gerald Barker

Thanks I don't mind at all saying where I got him from. Raptor is an Imperator that I got from @AugeredIn
- I think he has 2-3 adult pairs of Imperators. I forgot exactly who AugeredIn got his adult greens from but he hasn't had them all that long...

He is very nice especially his crest. If possible, could you get me a pic of his back and shoulders? Im curious to see a comparison between him and a Java at that age, as I have no Imperators, yet... Thank you.
1f44d.png

Gerald Barker

Last edited:
Thank you he just recently grew in those more adult looking crest feathers. He didn't want to stop displaying today, so I got very few photos of him standing. I will try getting some back and shoulder shots tomorrow but here are some that might be more helpful:

Thank you he just recently grew in those more adult looking crest feathers. He didn't want to stop displaying today, so I got very few photos of him standing. I will try getting some back and shoulder shots tomorrow but here are some that might be more helpful:

I find it cool that they get green feathers on their backs at a young age. Though I'm sure it throws some people off who don't know what a Green peafowl is.

I don't have anything as exotic and stunning as the other recent pics but I was wondering if you could help me out. I thought my white was a peacock but now I'm wondering if it's a hen?
Pride has finally gotten his first full train and is feeling very proud of himself. :)

Back
Top Bottom