Show off your Peas!

Dany, java peafowl is really rare here. I found only about 50 chick/season from online selling. Thats why I really want to breed them. Need a licenced to keep them, but my dad is retirement from forestry dept, so I dont have problem get licenced to keep and breed them. If maybe I can breed them, my calculation with 6 peahen is around 180egg/season, maybe I can get export permit, hopefully. My dad helped his friend who own arowana red (fish) farm to get export permit several years ago, so I quite pptimistic here. Above all, I love these birds.. :)

Maybe it's similar like with chickens. With chickens using artificial light to increase egg production really only help when extending daylight hours to 16-17 hours a day. After that it doesn't do much just wasting energy.

Dany,
Yes I need a licence to keep and breed the peas, fotunately my father is forestry dept retirement, so I get the licence. Here, green peas also rare, I see only around 50 chics per season selliglpedonline. Thats why I want to breed it. On my calculation, with 6 peahen I will get around 180 egg perseason. When I succeed, I will try to get export permit. My father prior his retirement helped his friends to get export permit for arowana super red fish. But above all, I love these beautiful bird. I'm new, so my post need moderation or something, so sorry for late reply.

Alone in the bush!

0.jpg

Beautiful Greens! Those pigeons scare me! Felt like sharing this as well. As of today I'm now 18 years old!
celebrate.gif

Happy B-day Birdrain! Why do those pigeons freak you out? I'm actually contemplating buying some little chicken knappies and having a couple walking around the house!

Maybe it's similar like with chickens. With chickens using artificial light to increase egg production really only help when extending daylight hours to 16-17 hours a day. After that it doesn't do much just wasting energy.

I bought some solar sidewalk lights I have been meaning to drill a hole in my roofs and stick them through so the birds would be inclined to roost inside at night. Then again they have covers over the outdoor roosts, so it wasn't a high priority to get er done.

Back
Top Bottom