Show off your Peas!

This is M or F?

#1 looks like a hen because the small flight feather, which you can see best in the last photo, has stripes all over it. Hens will have this barring and males will not, although at a young age males can have markings here as well, but this one has so many stripes I get the feeling it is a hen, but I could be wrong.

#2 I can't really tell because I can't see the small flight feather. I can't be sure but I don't think the wing barring really helps determine the sex when it comes to green peafowl.

I am not really sure on this one. Maybe female.

I kind of think this is a male. I am not quite sure it just reminds me of my green boy when he was younger.

As I said I just got my first green peafowl last year so I don't have much experience sexing them. There are some on here who have raised many greens so they could be of much more help. Nice birds!

Last edited:
I wanted to share these pretty birds from Green Pastures Restaraunt Austin, Texas. As some may know there are several flocks of IB's running around Austin and this flock of around 50ea birds is located at this location and we are slowly catching them down to around 10ea birds. The city has grown around this historical site and it is now very congested and the peas are destroying car windows, house windows and terrorizing the neighborhood. The sculpturs were done several years ago out of large trees and are still gorgeous to this day. The movie "Heartbreak Hotel" a film about some guys kidnapping Elvis for their mom (1980's I believe) was filmed on site at this location. Enjoy!!

Gerald Barker

Last edited:
0.jpg
........turn up the volume

Today I make observation to the peas, and found something interesting. I found 1 peas (consistenly predict as male by friends here) with difference on the tail than the other 3. The 1 have less baring on the tail (mean that the gape between bar is wider, it's maybe male), as first pic. The other 3 have more barring on the tail on the pic 2 (I guess it's female). Please advice.

Back
Top Bottom