Show off your Peas!

No not yet, they usually starts first week of April.

Thanks, keep us posted,
1f44d.png

Gerald Barker

Random pics from today, these birds are approaching 2 years old and fast. For those who do Facebook, I have added several pics. Enjoy.

https://www.facebook.com/bobsgreenpeafowl/

Gerald Barker

Beautiful! Based on the wing of some of the males I'm going to with that these are Indo Chinese Greens from Josh Nelson's Indo Chinese imported stock. Am I correct or are they the Javas?

Beautiful! Based on the wing of some of the males I'm going to with that these are Indo Chinese Greens from Josh Nelson's Indo Chinese imported stock. Am I correct or are they the Javas?

Nice guess Jadyn, these pics are actually of young "American" Javas would be the best title Ive heard of to date when one cannot trace the lineage and guarantee the purity of their birds. Javas and Imperators are hard to tell apart when young especially the hens. I do have a few birds from Rocking B-A-B Ranch with pics on my FB but, to this date I have not identified them as imported bloodlines on the pic titles. If they are wearing big green leg bands in the pics, and look 5 foot tall, they are from Josh Nelson's imported Muticus-Muticus stock at Rocking B-A-B ranch. Im working on getting Imperators from them as well.
1f44d.png

PS: I am considering selling 1ea of the males in the pictures later this summer as I will be forced to separate the males and Im running out of pens fast.

Gerald Barker

Last edited:
Nice guess Jadyn, these pics are actually of young "American" Javas would be the best title Ive heard of to date when one cannot trace the lineage and guarantee the purity of their birds. Javas and Imperators are hard to tell apart when young especially the hens. I do have a few birds from Rocking B-A-B Ranch with pics on my FB but, to this date I have not identified them as imported bloodlines on the pic titles. If they are wearing big green leg bands in the pics, and look 5 foot tall, they are from Josh Nelson's imported Muticus-Muticus stock at Rocking B-A-B ranch. Im working on getting Imperators from them as well.
1f44d.png

PS: I am considering selling 1ea of the males in the pictures later this summer as I will be forced to separate the males and Im running out of pens fast.

Gerald Barker

I'm out of pen space as well and going to college so can't help you right now. If you have chicks that have imported Muticus muticus parents then in the future I might take you up on an offer. But for now I can't. I would like to have imported or offspring from Muticus muticus parents in the future to make sure they are pure.

I'm out of pen space as well and going to college so can't help you right now. If you have chicks that have imported Muticus muticus parents then in the future I might take you up on an offer. But for now I can't. I would like to have imported or offspring from Muticus muticus  parents in the future to make sure they are pure.

Your gonna do great in college, hurry up and get done with it so you can give us some learning.
1f44d.png

Gerald Barker

Last edited:
Your gonna do great in college, hurry up and get done with it so you can give us some learning.
1f44d.png

Gerald Barker

I did go to a poultry thing today at my local feed store. It was mainly on chickens and I knew everything the person covered. There were a couple questions people asked him that he covered but not in depth so sometimes I would try to add on top of what he would say. Tomorrow I'm getting a vet book on poultry. I really emphasize on vet. My local vet ordered an vet book on poultry and they delivered him two books so he's giving me one. Not sure why he did order a book because he knows a bit on poultry but that's not his emphasis. His is mainly cattle and other livestock like sheep. He's a general vet though; he gets to do everything.

Back
Top Bottom