Show off your Peas!

Are they eating scrambled eggs?
Yes they are, it is the perfect food.
I feed flock raiser and sence the peas and guineas have a need for a high protein level i feed eggs to help boost that up.

I no longer sell eggs as feed got so high i just could not break even so i have been culling my flock heavily, mainly the freeloaders and keeping all the true free rangers as they are out foraging before i drop the feed whereas the freeloader are waiting by the back door in the morning
roll.png
i am down to 1 bag of feed a day and am wanting to get down to a half a bag, i spent 15000 dollars on feed last year and only made 8000 so with feed on the rise i am getting out of the egg business.

Yes they are, it is the perfect food.
I feed flock raiser and sence the peas and guineas have a need for a high protein level i feed eggs to help boost that up.

I no longer sell eggs as feed got so high i just could not break even so i have been culling my flock heavily, mainly the freeloaders and keeping all the true free rangers as they are out foraging before i drop the feed whereas the freeloader are waiting by the back door in the morning
roll.png
i am down to 1 bag of feed a day and am wanting to get down to a half a bag, i spent 15000 dollars on feed last year and only made 8000 so with feed on the rise i am getting out of the egg business.
I've been making a lot of pasta from extra eggs and a lot of my chickens that I saved for eggs for myself and my kid's families are going in the freezer, too. They say the crops weren't as bad as they thought they would be this year with the drought but yet they doubled the feed. I figure my peas and my 4 pet chickens are my entertainment and an education for my granddaughter, but sadly I'm not really saving anything with eggs this year. Suspect with the price of feed it will be harder to sell the peas and pea eggs this coming year.
Sorry I've not been here for a while. Had computer problems. My son brought back my laptop and that evening my computer repair guy got here put some new insides in my desk top. I made a whopper of a mess of my house with it not working, been changing around everything, painting, and papering. Hope I have enough energy left to lay some tile and laminated flooring. I'm sure not very fast these days so am praying I get myself in some order before spring is here again. I know we are just getting into winter and I am so anxious for spring to get here.

I'm still stuck on my little Muppet. She hatched from Randy (FBC)'s Bronze pen, which has one Bronze male, two Bronze hens, and one India Blue hen, so she's either India Blue split Bronze, or Bronze. But I don't know what the difference is when it comes to hens. But I am noticing things about her compared to the other hens I have, and I'm actually thinking she's Bronze. If she were India Blue, she'd have some bright green feathers showing up, wouldn't she? My two "purple" girls have a LOT of noticeable shine, and they're both younger than Muppet, and Muppet only has a very dark green shine that is hard to see most of the time.

So here's purple girls:

And here's Muppet:

Muppet will be 19 weeks old on Thursday. What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom