Show off your Red sex-links!! [[pictures included]] !! (:

Pics
Aren't hens cute in their nest boxes? This is my Red Sex Link Reba.
This is Daisy. Love her lacing.

I have experimented with several generations of Sex Links, and yes you do get many different colors and patterns. If you look back through this thread I believe I posted some pictures of them. The gene for the white feathering became more dominant from each successive breeding.

oohh i see.. that's is tough we didn't see more red pattern in second generation, but are they still good egg production...???

Aren't hens cute in their nest boxes? This is my Red Sex Link Reba.
This is Daisy. Love her lacing.

i heard RSL doesn't like broody, that's it true...? unfortunately i wanna plan my RSL hen being a mother..

oohh i see.. that's is tough we didn't see more red pattern in second generation, but are they still good egg production...???

i heard RSL doesn't like broody, that's it true...? unfortunately i wanna plan my RSL hen being a mother..

I have a young friend that had one go broody. He had asked if I had any eggs for a broody. When I went and saw that it was a RSL I was so surprised. They really aren't known for going broody real often. I've had several over the years and haven't had one go broody yet.
If you want a LF broody, the Wyondottes are good for that..or even the EE's..not as much as the Wyondotte though.

They are bred for production and are also bred not to be broody. There will every once in a while be an odd one that does not get broody, but unfortuneatly they are not usually broody. :/

Quote:
The following generations are still good egg layers. Once in awhile I will have Sex Links go broody but never hatched any eggs. They didn't stay broody and abandoned their nest so I put he eggs in my incubator to hatch them.

This is Snickers

Back
Top Bottom