Silkie Holiday Hatch-a-long

@jorey I'm glad the little ones from your last hatch made it! And that you have 3 vital eggs from the ones you lost. Sometimes life throws us curve balls but I'm happy to hear you're not giving up! Matilda is doing awesome! We bought two little pygmy goat kids that we are bottle feeding and they think Matilda is the bees knees! I started my mobile petting zoo and launched our website about a week ago. No parties booked yet but I have faith! Check out my website! http://www.twinarrowsfarm.com

@TwinArrowsFarm they are cute. I visited site and ordered 2 shirts. :) I like your site. Can't wait for the pics.
That was so nice of you! ! Thank you so much! I'm having a photographer come and take professional photos of all the animals so I can't wait either! That was so sweet of you. I really appreciate it! :)

@TwinArrowsFarm well I live to far away to have a party :( and I'm not sure how many people would come to a birthday party for a 40 yr old having a petting zoo. Lol.

@jorey I know! Even longer for me because I haven't even got mine yet. I have my incubator warmed up and ready though! So are you doing higher humidity this time around? How were your air cells in this batch and how many eggs were there?

@TwinArrowsFarm I did do higher humidity this last time. According to hyrgo thing it was around 60 or 65% this time. I just put 2 damp sponges in it. Worked great. No shrink wrap this time. I ended up with 16 out of 22 eggs that went into lockdown. These were the banty cochin eggs I picked up. Not shipped. The eggs I got yesterday the aircells are much better than the first batch we got and she sent 30. I asked if she could send more splash than anything and she sent 6 splash and 6 paint. Very happy with that. I love the multi colored ones. Also whites blues blacks and a couple buff. So glad I have hatch partner again. Yea!

@TwinArrowsFarm I did do higher humidity this last time. According to hyrgo thing it was around 60 or 65% this time. I just put 2 damp sponges in it. Worked great. No shrink wrap this time. I ended up with 16 out of 22 eggs that went into lockdown. These were the banty cochin eggs I picked up. Not shipped. The eggs I got yesterday the aircells are much better than the first batch we got and she sent 30. I asked if she could send more splash than anything and she sent 6 splash and 6 paint. Very happy with that. I love the multi colored ones. Also whites blues blacks and a couple buff. So glad I have hatch partner again. Yea!
I'm so excited to see what I get now!! And I'm praying I have a better hatch. Last time was a disaster. :(
I invested in the $50 incubator warehouse thermostat and a little giant egg turner. So I'm hoping things are pretty self sufficient this time around. Turning 30 eggs was a little tiring last time!

I picked up my last batch of hatching eggs on Friday during my lunch break, ran them home, and noticed that one of my Silkie eggs was starting to hatch! So I put the new eggs in, went back to work, and when I returned home I had 2 new baby Silkie chicks! Then I wake up this morning to 4 more baby Silkies! I have one more egg in there dated 2/20, then another set from 2/25 and 2/28! I have always done a staggered hatch and it seems to work well for my eggs, but not for the shipped eggs.

Back
Top Bottom