Silkie Holiday Hatch-a-long

@Cloudseeker did the other silkie chixks who died also have vaulted skulls? Have you tried giving them poly vi sol without iron?

The affected chicks all looked the same - one brown and the rest are twins of the one on the pix. Is the Poly Visol over the counter? How much do I give and when? The affected chicks are almost twice the size of regular Silkie chicks

You get in the baby section of walmart. Make sure no iron. Doseage I'm not sure of
I believe its just a drop on the side of their beak and they drink up what they will from that. I don't know if it will help but its not going to hurt. I asked about vaulted skulls because that one has a large vaulted skull and was wondering if maybe it got pecked in the vault. Was your humidity high? That can cause chixks to be larger than normal also because basically they are water logged. I would really post in emergency section. I'm just trying to remember what I've read on here.

im 6 days away fro hatching my silkies out
wee.gif

Yea!!! I have 2 due Saturday and one due next Tuesday. My only homegrown ones. Keep us updated and of course pics when hatched. ;)

@jorey that would be perfect! Maybe we'll have chuckles hatch at the same time. We could go extreme and set at the same time! Lol I think I'm going to try and keep my humidity around 50 all the way through. What do you think?

@TwinArrowsFarm I think I'm going to do dry then bump up in hatcher to 65. Worked pretty good last hatch. We are getting rain right now. I can't set till after 530 Friday evening if ya want to do time too. Lol. That's when I get home from work. Eggs are at post office waiting to be picked up by my egg taxi ( my retired mom).

Back
Top Bottom