Silkie thread!

We have new life here! Angel was successful in hatching the one egg I left her keep :)

IMG_2645.JPG
IMG_2643.JPG

My husband is certain that I have lost my mind. :lau Last week I was at the stove checking my new thermometer for the incubator with boiling water. He comes over ask what I’m making(hoping for candy or fudge) I explain I’m checking that my thermometer is calibrated before putting in incubator. His comment was I’ve never seen anyone actually checking their thermometer, well I guess it’s a chicken thing honey. Then yesterday he came out to the coop because I was making so much racket. I was hanging Christmas lights up, now as the days get shorter it is dark when I go to work and when I get home so I want to be able check on them with out flashlight. He looks at me suspiciously - as long as your not decorating the coop for the holidays. I think he is still suspicious that I’m decorating the coop. But he is going to put a led light strip in there for me. I guess I better get the nest box curtains up while he’s at work today. Had to share my story as only other chicken people can understand.

Last edited:
I haven't been on this thread in a while. It has been a very busy summer. Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying your Silkies. I haven't taken many pictures of my silkies this summer. I had so many cockerals hatch in the early spring and summer this year I had a hard time getting rid of them and my hens are finally looking good again. I did get some Grey and pretty Blue Splash this summer in my breeding progtram. Will have some new pics soon.
IMG_20180904_163330955.jpg

Back
Top Bottom