Silkie thread!

Around 9 weeks, got them from a fair so had little info on them from the "breeder", I judge their age by my other chicks. I don't even know what they're colour is meant to be. They are both starting to get blue earlobes...Is that right or do I have something strange?!!
y
Oh, a little too early for anyone to say with any certainty. Blue lobes are quite normal , in both genders. :)

DO SILKIE ROOSTERS CROW OFTEN? IMAY HAVE A ROO ON MY HANDS AND THAT WOULD BE THE REASON MY DAD WOULD WANT TO TURN MY SILKIE INTO DOG FOOD IF IT WOKE HIM UP IN THE MORNING.

DO SILKIE ROOSTERS CROW OFTEN? IMAY HAVE A ROO ON MY HANDS AND THAT WOULD BE THE REASON MY DAD WOULD WANT TO TURN MY SILKIE INTO DOG FOOD IF IT WOKE HIM UP IN THE MORNING.

Some of mine have crowed often in the past. Mine usually start crowing a couple of hours before the sun comes up
hide.gif

Mine crows at any time throughout the day. Whether he is trying to intimidate the smaller roos, get my attention because he hears me outside in the morning and I'm not letting him out, or showing off for his girls, I'm not sure.

Some of mine have crowed often in the past. Mine usually start crowing a couple of hours before the sun comes up
hide.gif
Oopsies. sorry everyone I didnt mean to caps and bold!! my computer HAS been glitchy the past few days..... anyways on the rooster subject, I want to keep him if he doesnt crow, but I dont know if he will or not. If he does begin to crow, I will have to sell him for the money for a female, or trade him for a female.

Hello,

I recently started a silkie flock and was wanting to know if my roo would be a ok roo for breeding. I think he's got the right qualities but I wanted to ask the experts. Here is a picture of him and a few of his ladies. Thanks!

Hello,

I recently started a silkie flock and was wanting to know if my roo would be a ok roo for breeding. I think he's got the right qualities but I wanted to ask the experts. Here is a picture of him and a few of his ladies. Thanks!

:welcome he is an unusual colour, you should get some very pretty combinations with your girls. :);)

Back
Top Bottom