So still muscovies?

hilltopchicks77

Songster
6 Years
Mar 7, 2016

We believe the one in the front is a male and the back one a female but really we have no idea lol

Apparently they fly if that says anything. One just flew about 20ft about 7 ft in the air
They sure do fly I keep mine grounded and home by clipping one wing.

How old are yours? most of the time by 6 weeks the drakes are out growing the females. the drakes also have thicker legs and they sit farther apart under their body. The females legs are slimmer and sit closer together some even just about walk on their feet they are so close together and females have short foot ball shaped bodies where drakes are longer through their bodies. Drakes hiss females make a trilling sound.
Yours are very pretty

Thank you! They're 3 months old. The one in the front is larger so we always assumed male. Neither talks much except some occasional quiet chatter and the female is moody and hisses at us. The male is very sweet. I wasn't even positive they were muscovys but the female flew today so that kind of capped it off for me. They came out of the bin at tractor supply that just says ducks. I honestly thought they were Pekins as babies since they were all yellow.

Wow I wonder if she will start to do that! She loves the male but hates all us humans and the dog and the chickens lol

Thank you! They're 3 months old. The one in the front is larger so we always assumed male. Neither talks much except some occasional quiet chatter and the female is moody and hisses at us. The male is very sweet. I wasn't even positive they were muscovys but the female flew today so that kind of capped it off for me. They came out of the bin at tractor supply that just says ducks. I honestly thought they were Pekins as babies since they were all yellow.
I have never heard of TSC having Muscovy's can you get close up pics of faces. They def look like Scovy's.

Back
Top Bottom