SOOOOOO stinkin mad at my daughter I could spit nails!

Haven't read through all the posts. And I know you're a no-nonsense kinda person Deb.
This is just what I know happened to one family that never threw the kid out on his ***

I used to work with the police with a drunk driver program.
Gotta guy in the program whose BAL was SO high he was dang near embalmed. There was no way a normal person could be that tanked and still conscious. He was an alcoholic for sure. He was in his mid 40s!

He flat told me that he would not do "dum-dum school" and his dad would take him in and fix everything for him. So, I sent him to jail. But, he only got 30 days, of which he served 10.

Not 6 months later - guess who is back? This time he has hurt some one and goes to jail for 6 months.

One year later - this is getting old. So I talk to him again. Dad drives him to and from appointments and since mom insisted he throw the son out Dad is paying rent for him. Dad tells me he cannot bear to imagine his son homeless. I ask him can you imagine him dead?

So years go by and I move on to another job. But, one day I walk into a friend's house and who is sitting there?? Sure enough. He's laying on their couch. He's not drunk but he is dying. Liver failure and noway they'll transplant.

Dad is practically homeless himself now since he spent every dime he had bailing this mess out. Son dies of liver failure on his 49th birthday.

Tough love is real love. She knew the rules, she is taunting you. Throw her out. Things will probably get worse for a while so batten down the hatches.

Debi.. i havent read all the posts..
but i was wondering what you and Ken are going to do about this now?

I have WHAT in my yard? :

Haven't read through all the posts. And I know you're a no-nonsense kinda person Deb.
This is just what I know happened to one family that never threw the kid out on his ***
I used to work with the police with a drunk driver program.
Gotta guy in the program whose BAL was SO high he was dang near embalmed. There was no way a normal person could be that tanked and still conscious. He was an alcoholic for sure. He was in his mid 40s!
He flat told me that he would not do "dum-dum school" and his dad would take him in and fix everything for him. So, I sent him to jail. But, he only got 30 days, of which he served 10.
Not 6 months later - guess who is back? This time he has hurt some one and goes to jail for 6 months.
One year later - this is getting old. So I talk to him again. Dad drives him to and from appointments and since mom insisted he throw the son out Dad is paying rent for him. Dad tells me he cannot bear to imagine his son homeless. I ask him can you imagine him dead?
So years go by and I move on to another job. But, one day I walk into a friend's house and who is sitting there?? Sure enough. He's laying on their couch. He's not drunk but he is dying. Liver failure and noway they'll transplant.
Dad is practically homeless himself now since he spent every dime he had bailing this mess out. Son dies of liver failure on his 49th birthday.
Tough love is real love. She knew the rules, she is taunting you. Throw her out. Things will probably get worse for a while so batten down the hatches.

That is heartbreakingly sad.
hit.gif

Quote:
She is coming home tomorrow to help with chores and Ken is gonna pull her aside and let her know that she has til 10/31. She SAYS she has been looking for a job... I never know WHAT to believe!

On the "just pot" thing... every single time Sis has had the CPS mess she's walked into the lab knowing she'd test positive for that and not in the least worried because even CPS considers it "just pot"... it's when she's miscalculated and tests positive for the other crap that she gets in trouble.

The fact that CPS agrees with this attitude, let's them keep their kids knowing at any time police could arrest the parents... well it's certainly not helping matters IMO. Society at large seems to have the same attitude... may not voice it, but we aren't voicing opposition either. Heroin yes, speed, yes, cocaine, yes... but "just pot" seems to be a lot of people's thoughts on the matter... is it any wonder that kids (and adults) feel the same way? Site Dazed and Confused, Friday, etc etc all the movies that are uber popular and show the potheads having a grand time... but movies involving other drugs do not, there's death and destruction shown in those. So yeah, no surprise to me that it's a subject that sorta just glossed over.

I also find it interesting that while teachers, doctors, everyone really is required by law to report to CPS when any abuse is suspected CPS themselves are not required by law to notify the police when parents are guilty of drug use In Front Of Children, keeping toxic chemicals where children can OD on them, and while they may petition the court for custody of the children it is rare for them to every press neglect or abuse charges against the parents... they let them off scot free... either with their kids (eventually) or without... but no time served and no fines. So... hypocrites much? Sorry pet peeve.

Sidenote: Overall I'm for legalizing... that causes MUCH less damage than alcohol (or even tobacco FTM) but unless/until there's a way to test CURRENT levels I doubt it will happen... without that there's no way to prove who smoked while driving and who smoked a week ago and is now fine. But I won't go way off topic on that note, no point in debating it until a test is possible I think. *shrug* I'm not complaining, I can't stand the smell of the crap... but I think it would save a lot of grief, lives, taxpayer dollars, etc. But until/if it is legalized it IS a crime and not one that should bloody well be joked about, most especially not by the police, CPS, etc.

Last edited:
Deb...I can't say any words of encouragement...but my prayers are with you and DH.

All I can say, is that she does need a wakeup call and that if she "says" she is looking for a job, then she should have no trouble finding one by the time 10/31 is near.

Wal-Mart is always hiring...

Quote:
I am certainly not looking for words of wisdom. I needed to rant. I am STILL mad. Not flaming mad, but still mad enough to wanna knock her into next week. She applied at Walmart - what a wake up call THAT would be. I know how they are!!! HAHAHAHA!

Last edited:
<---- Pretty sure I would be the worst parent in this entire world. Thank God I am still childless. I have no words of wisdom, at this point I am only able to offer the love of a friend and a listening ear. Seriously, call me anytime. My phone is always on, and I sleep with one eye and one ear open.
hugs.gif

Quote:
Wow.. in this state your kids are taken away for "just pot" ..
They drug tested my cousin..(who is an idiot..).. at the hospital and she tested positive for pot and they took her baby away from her right at the hospital...
Talk about family drama...

And i agree with everything in this post... except the legalizing part... I dont think that it should ever be legal..
big_smile.png

Most of the pot smokers that i know are low life, lazy loosers that dont want to work. They just want to sit around all day and smoke...
Nice enviroment to raise a kid in...
roll.png

even if she gets the job at Walmart---charge her rent at the house
let her truly see that a dead end job doesn't truly provide
a little gas money etc isn't going to cut it in the real world
so it will make her see that job with benes and possible career advancement etc was way better than being a fool

best of luck to you
but yea, give her more chances
21 is still very young and even a few more chances and more guidance from you could easily stick her on a great path in this life

Back
Top Bottom