Southern California Quail Ranchers

Pics
For those of you trying to raise your quail organically, can you please drop Scratch and Peck an email to let them know there is a market for Corn and Soy free Organic game bird feed? I know a few have already, but more is better.

Thank you, Julie :)

Hi Rick!
You know I'm in.
wee.gif

We are loving our quail!

We have four breeding pens that house 5 birds each. In addition to those breeder we have chicks almost ready to sex. Once mature I will cycle those into our breeding pens.

We organically raise our quail for eggs and meat. I processed 8 bachelors just over a week ago it was quite easy to do and they were delicious.

Our first home grown clutch from start to finish goes into lock down tonight. I am looking forward to seeing what hatches from our most recent set.

I have fertile eggs available for sale $3 a dozen and am in the Inland Empire.

I may make a few breeders available for sale once I can determine the sex of our chicks.

Happy New Year !
Julie :)

From the Crazy H-Bar Ranch;
A couple of weeks ago I recycled this old entertainment center. This is what it looked like when I brought it home...

After a little demo'ing, cleaning and some repainting I added some shelves, backing, and doors.

Wired in a couple of heat lamps for the brooders.

I used peg board backing for ventilation and a mesh floor so the birdies won't have to walk in the muck and poop trays for easy clean up.

Added the door fronts............... Now you can put a "DONE" stamp on this recycled project.

Do you think the birdies like it???

I love it!!!

We currently have 8 dozen refrigerated chicken eggs for sale at $5 a doz. Organic, non-GMO, free range, and Christian. We also have fertile barnyard mix quail eggs for sale at $3 a doz. for hatching or eating, Golden A&M eggs for $6 doz., Tuxedo eggs for $10 doz., Pharaohs for $5 doz. Located in So. Cal., Riverside area.

I would like to get into them next year and realize the only way to get good birds is through local breeders. Would like to stay connected.

For those of you who breed... When you have runts who appear healthy but are not growing: Do you; kill, cull. or keep? No judging, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom