Standard Old English Games

Is there a publication that describes the SOP for all the various breeds of OEGF. If so where can I get a copy?

The APA SOP can be purchased on the website JohnEugene provided. There are several approved varieties of OEG including BBR, SDW, GDW, crele, self blue, black, spangled, brown red, red pyle, and lemon blue.

Attachments

• 20180731_190631.jpg
    20180731_190631.jpg
    644.7 KB · Views: 9
My starting point with a similar project.
View attachment 1486185 View attachment 1486188
Leg color good, but type is off, has a pea comb, and base coloration is not BBR (e+). He has been bred to a BBR hen carrying pattern allele. He is homozygous for whatever is not e+. Next year I should get a percentage that is suitable for show but will be eating most culling out pea comb and pattern allele.

Looking good! I look forward to seeing his offspring. :D

I will be breeding my best double barred cockerel to a nice BBR hen next year to get some white legged creles that are showable. Mine are definitely a work in progress also.

I wish I still had my picture of him on this phone. But my avatar is my OEG rooster and he’s awesome!

He looks pea combed so he isnt OEG. See how his comb lops over? He may have some OEG in his ancestry but he looks more American Game to me. Old English Games have straight combs. Pea combs come from oriental blood infused into the American pit Games.

Here is your avatar pic I blew up on my phone. He is pretty though. My line of creles are American Game and I am breeding them to OEG SOP. American Games can be shown as OEG as long as they meet the standard in terms of comb, leg color, and dont have any DQs.

Screenshot_20180801-114740_Gallery.jpg

Well a few years ago he had a nice full cone but he’s hardheaded and never wants to sleep inside the coop he likes to sleep on top of it inside of our run. Which caused his cone to get frostbitten and break off. Which was so sad because he had a beautiful comb. Maybe he’s not full old English. When I got him I was given by a friend who is moving six random chicks. He had no idea what any of them we’re going to be. It took me a lot of research to figure out what this guy is once he went from being all black to growing his beautiful rainbow of colors

Last edited:
Plus I definitely don’t know much about breed standards as a lot of you. I’ve never shown my birds. I just think OEG are Absolutely beautiful. So anytime I see a thread that mentions then I got to check it out. LOL

Plus I definitely don’t know much about breed standards as a lot of you. I’ve never shown my birds. I just think OEG are Absolutely beautiful. So anytime I see a thread that mentions then I got to check it out. LOL

Definitely stick around on this thread then and learn with the rest of us. Games are a beautiful breed whether they are Old English or American. I have many American Games and have Old English Games as well. I love them both. :)

Definitely stick around on this thread then and learn with the rest of us. Games are a beautiful breed whether they are Old English or American. I have many American Games and have Old English Games as well. I love them both. :)

If any of you, who may be following along on this topic… are the frugal type [Not to say tight with your money… as am I] here is the link to a website that looks promising for getting a good grounding in chicken genetics. http://kippenjungle.nl/sellers/page0.html I am finding it to be just what I need to quickly get up to speed on the basics.

Back
Top Bottom