Stella's Social Club

Wow, 1/4 cup horseradish and 1/2 tsp cayenne? I might need to try this!
big_smile.png

Double checked recipe, those measurements are what I use. The horseradish says its optional, the cayenne says 1/2 tsp or to taste, so feel free to add more.

Quote:
Quote:
That bbq chicken looks scrumdee-lumptious!!! Well done on the cut and grill job too!!
Love the sounds of that bama bbq sauce too...serious YUM
droolin.gif
Almost like homemade tartar sauce (without the lemon and dill relish).

I am 'bracing' myself and my critters for our upcoming HEAT wave this Fri/Sat/Sun....115 and low of 88-90 expected...WOWZA. May have to bring my 1 week old Buff Rocks from the garage into the house for a few hours during the wave and setup the brooder in guest bedroom with low watt bulb to offset A/C (Man, is my husband gonna l-o-v-e that--NOT)....I have misters installed and lots of shade on my coop/runs for my older birds...
after the HEAT wave is over it's back to cooler 105-108 temps and lows of 80. Yup...that's life in AZ until November....

Cindy

I was just counting the eggs.......put seven marked NJ eggs (that look like Icelandic eggs) under the broody.....each night counted the eggs......no extras.....then when I candled at 17 days.......hmmm.....where did this unmarked egg come from?
hu.gif
....and how long has it been here?
idunno.gif
With the GNH, had marked Rhodebar eggs (part of a prize dozen from corancher that look alot like a light brown GNH egg) and same story....counting eggs and not checking until time to candle and remove duds. The hens were obviously on top of the removing the duds already......
roll.png

I like that the instructor gives you detailed feedback/critique. I think the "splash" picture, while lacking the splash you may have been looking for, looked very refreshing.

Mike, Nice looking set of legs you have there..
big_smile.png
....that is the biggest difference I noticed on the Cornish X I have raised for the freezer and the other cockerels that end up there, the legs are some much longer and more developed in the heritage/standard bred birds.

.......speaking of meat birds.......these Freedom Rangers are getting on my nerves......they will be nine weeks old on Wednesday and the cockerels are crowing and starting to fight with each other...
rant.gif
...maybe time to call the processor and see if I can get them in earlier than the July 11 date we have scheduled......

I don't blame you wanting to get going on the 'harvesting' of those meaties....10 weeks will be a nice tender age to eat too...how does the taste compare to the cornish X ?

Sure wished we had a processor around our area in AZ...no one seems to know of any.

Cindy

That bbq chicken looks scrumdee-lumptious!!! Well done on the cut and grill job too!!
droolin.gif

I am 'bracing' myself and my critters for our upcoming HEAT wave this Fri/Sat/Sun....115 and low of 88-90 expected...WOWZA. May have to bring my 1 week old Buff Rocks from the garage into the house for a few hours during the wave and setup the brooder in guest bedroom with low watt bulb to offset A/C (Man, is my husband gonna l-o-v-e that--NOT)....I have misters installed and lots of shade on my coop/runs for my older birds...
after the HEAT wave is over it's back to cooler 105-108 temps and lows of 80. Yup...that's life in AZ until November....

Cindy
In Northern CA it is raining today and the High will be 75. By the weekend the highs will be 104. That will be a big temperature change.

It has been a nice change--I hope it does not hurt the wine grapes.....Napa Valley Wine might be in trouble.

Good grief all that horse radish & cayenne - it'll Blow your hair back !!!
Or make blow your hair off and grow hair on your back!
lol.png
Sounds spicy!

droolin.gif

Cindy
How many buff rocks did you end up with? Can't wait to see them grow up!

In Northern CA it is raining today and the High will be 75. By the weekend the highs will be 104. That will be a big temperature change.

It has been a nice change--I hope it does not hurt the wine grapes.....Napa Valley Wine might be in trouble.
Yeah, I'm thinking peaches and apricots are toast too. My peaches were getting some size on them, and my grapes were looking so good.
barnie.gif

White BBQ sauce, another excuse to eat mayonnaise
droolin.gif
. Miracle Whip...............not so much. DH is a MW eater, we are a two jar family, LOL I don't mind using the stuff for him, although I have to fix his sandwich second so I don't get that stuff on the knife,
sickbyc.gif
If it's a shared dish like tuna salad, he just has to adapt to mayo!

Two of the questions of compatibility.........................

Mayo or Miracle Whip?
TP, over or under?

He was wrong on both and had to change, LOL

Back
Top Bottom