Strangest and Silliest Chicken Names?

Geez, she looks like a Road Runner, not a chicken. I'd be calling her "Meep-Meep!"

Past chicken names:
Flash (fastest hen), Velma (goofiest hen), Bossy, Mapquest (continually lost), Bubba & Cletus (thought they were Roos) Maggie (named after the same red color of a friends dog), Spot (tiniest all black chick), and Angel - who grew his shoulder blade wing feathers before any other chick and turned out to be a roo.

I have a Blue Cochin named Enormous Nancy the Hen Who Has Eaten To Much And Has Taken Over The World
lol.png
Just came to me when I saw how much she ate and grew...

New Batch unique/strange names:
ShortBus - always the last one in or out, the last one to catch on, the slowest to grab up bugs. Usually sitting quietly all alone. Doing absolutely nothing.
GraveDigger, Predator & Rampage - named after Monster trucks. They're my 3 Jersey Giant chicks who walk, run or smash on, over and through the other chicks like they're not even there.
Tinkerbelle - the tiniest, quietest & sweetest chick.
Captain Kirk - my loud, overly dramatic, ring leader chick.

More of my weird names:
Flicker, Blizzy, Cricket, Flash- Cinnamon Queen hens
Coconut- Silver Lakenvelder pullet
Twirly Bird- Silver Lakenvelder pullet
Cleopatra- Egyptian Fayoumi hen
Twizzler- Black Frizzled Cochin rooster

My ameracauna is Edith
Buff Orpington is penny
Light brahma is Greta
And then my black silkies are: Lilo, Eva, abbey, petree, Prim, Margo, and agnes :)

We have a Mille Fleur D'uccle named "Okay." Why? my son named her that, she is 3 this year.

Last year, we got another Mille Fleur D'uccle in the bantum bin at TSC. My son named her "Just alright" (a little help from us). We got a boy too, but rehomed him.

This year, yet again, we got a Mille Fleur D'uccle and she is named "OK2"

So, the saga continues. I have an obsession with all bantums, those eggs are so cute! Plus, they are our "pet" chickens, the large birds are working birds, the bantums are our pets.

I have one named ED and another named What, but now we call her pumpkin. My rooster that was taked by a hawk was called chickiebebe.... Dont know why....it just happened. Haha!!!

Last edited:
My wife named oir rooster this morning .She said I wish Rooster Cogburn would shut up lol so that's is his new name.

well from my last post on this thread from 2011 we had:

Sir Bok Bok -White silkie roo - deceased
Flopsey - White silkie hen
Dropsey - Black silkie hen
Gruesome- bared rock hen - deceased
Jumbo shrimp - Dark Cornish hen - deceased
Noname- bared rock hen
Hennietta - rir pullet
Noseeher- Partridge rock hen (former hen boss)
Grunts - amber link pullet
Muttina - Chocolate pied muscovy hen- sold

We had a rooster named Rooster Cogburn( DW renamed him Retard) -deceased
The new hen-boss is Jeckle (she has two long spurs).
we also have two other dark Cornish hens
one was named Flats -deceased
and her sister Flots

Back
Top Bottom