Strangest and Silliest Chicken Names?

my first rooster has the name of numbnuts. he and 1 femal were surivers of a night time racoon attack when they were 2 mo. old he wasn't hurt but the female (baby) had most of the skin from the back of her neck missing. when i was cleaning her up and when changing dressing on her he would try and gut between me and baby. i'd keep shoving him out of the way and he just keep comming back. one day i yelled at him get out of the way you numbnut. the name stuck.these birds are now 6 yrs. old and still some of my favorite birds.

I had to chime in on this thread... My 8 year old (at the time) daughter named her rooster "Moments Like These"! ... after her favorite song.

Quote:
gig.gif
Kids are so funny

One of our members had a pet chicken when she was 4 years old that she named "Stars & Stripes." He was a huge barred Plymouth Rock. She said that somewhere, there is a photo of her sitting with her arm around him. There are several pictures of her holding him, and he looked very gentle. One of our "Chicken Ambassadors," (chickens that members take to educational events, poultry demonstrations, etc.) was originally named "Nellie," but earned a new name after 3 months - "GreedyGuts." She is a big old Delaware hen (almost 7 years old).

Love all the names!!
gig.gif

Half of my chickens are named, there are about half that I haven't found perfect names for - but here goes!

Black Rosecomb mix hen - Kismet
Splash Silkie ehn - Splish
Showgirl hen - Giselle
Showgirl hen - ZsaZsa
Showgirl hen - Jasmine
Silkie hen - Tequila
Silkie hen - Ruby
Silkie hen - Jewel
Splash silkie Rooster - John Wayne (cause he is Big, Strong, Handsome and 'used' to be kind to the girls. Lately he is being crabby and rougher than before!)
Buff Orpington hen - Berta
Buff Orpington hen - Dumpling
Buff Orpington hen - Potpie
Buff Orpington hen- Hotwings
Splash Blue Laced Red Wyandotte hen - Lacey

Quote:
Oh man, I LOVE MUPPET!!! What a great name! lol My friend Monique has a silkie roo named Fraggle! Just perfect for a silkie, right?

Same here! Muppet is so cool
lol.png

Ok, don't laugh, but all my silkies names are food ones,
KFC
kernel
hot wings
tasty basty
fingers (chicken)
patties
filet
buffet
ect, ect.
ep.gif

I do not eat there eggs, or there babies, But I
remind the entire flock, they have it good, and
if they aren't good, they may end up like there
relatives , lololol

Jill

Housing many a stray 2 legged and 4 critters.

I just have to add my girls:
They started with Breakfast Lunch, Dinner and Second Breakfast, from husband.
Then the kids got involved.... They have all been given the 2nd name of McNugget, so Now the names are:
Nugget McNugget, Colonel Sanders McNugget, Houdini McNugget, and Second Breakfast McNugget

Back
Top Bottom