Texas Swap Austin/College Station/Brenham/Sealy/Houston

I am between Kingwood and the Woodlands close to Houston... have Golden Cuckoo and Black Copper Marans hatching eggs... Salmon Faverolles and Wheaten/Blue Wheaten hatching eggs... also have a couple of feeders. Could custom hatch chicks, etc... let me know if you all decide to meet.

Quote:
it's not really a "horse trading" experience. people just don't know the difference. alot of people that sell chickens think dominiques and barred rocks are the same thing. just like alot of people will ask me for an araucana but are talking about ameraucanas. and when i tell them the difference, they reply to me, don't they both lay blue eggs? just like barred rocks and dominiques, they'll say, aren't they both black and white.

when going to swaps and trades, it's also one's responsibility to be a well informed buyer. and always, ALWAYS, quarantine.
smile.png

Hi, I'm just south of Bandera (bout an hour northwest of San Antonio) & am just getting started with my backyard flock. Hope to get my first few chicks this weekend. I'm new to raising chickens for eggs, but have had chicks a just pets in the past. Would be interested in meeting in the Hill Country area near Bourne, Kerrville, San Antonio, Hondo, Castroville ... but would consider going further. I know several others in this area that are interested in meeting up with other "Chicken Folk".
I've finished my hen house and have read about painting it with a non-toxic deck sealer, but can not find such a thing. Any of you have any recommendations?
roll.png
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif

anyone in texas N.E.Texas looking for SQ silkies
have a trio,a pair ,and also selling my flock
of Black copper Marans 5 birds a roo and 4
hens yes hens not pullets they are all laying very
well these are all Canning grisham and wade jean
lines with fresh standards and all feathered legged thank
i have post up showing pics of all these birds
PM with any questions thanks

Don't think we can make San Marcos tomorrow as hubby wants to see the new Star Trek movie on IMAX before it goes away.
hu.gif
Will continue to keep an eye out for activities later in the summer. Thanks for the link & heads up.

Hello everyone, I would like some advice on a situation that has recently arisen. I live in Kingwood, Texas, north of Houston. We have had chickens for about two years, a wondeful experience for our family. Last april we received shipment of pure bred hens from My Pet Chicken and have raised them successfully. One of our hens turned out to be a beautiful Jersey Giant Roo, and the others hens are Plymouth Rock (white), New Hampshire Red, and the awesome Golden Laced Wyandotte. We recently got a letter from the local neighborhood council specifying that we were in violation of city ordinance. Apparently there have been some recent meeting and the members have decided that "backyard chicken rearing" is against the law. This may have come about because of the popularity of urban farming that has come about in this country and in Kingwood. My questions are:

1) In your experience, will the neighborhood association come after me to get rid of my chickens??? Or is this just a courtesy letter and they will forget about it after a while?

2) If this becomes a problem, is there any one out there that would be willing to adopt my hens and the one well behaved roo??? There are currently seven "people" in my flock, one roo and six hens, all vaccinated, all hand reared and free ranging.

If anyone would like the hens and roo for breeding purposes, I would be willing to drive my "flock" to a good farm in Texas.

Thanks for any advice you may have,

Janny, Kingwood chick

Back
Top Bottom