Thanksgiving Hatchalong

grats on hatches everyone, Just did a candle on mine air cells are looking good, but appears I have a few that quit most are still going strong, eggs are looking awefully full for day 16 though while some on the outter edges seem to be growing but not very fast

All the cute little peeps hatching!! Such adorableness!! Love it!!

I lock down later today! Little olive peeps should be joining us soon. Hoping all goes well and there are 6 new babies in the hatcher come Friday!

We had a cold spell hit with nearly freezing temps outside which froze and cracked several eggs I was planning for later hatches. So, I am a bit bummed about that. However, one of my ducks felt the cold was the perfect time to lay her first egg! Then she layed another the next day. One was very cold, but I am giving to my f-i-l to see if anything comes from it. Most likely breakfast instead of a duckling, but you never know.

Ok I have another question it appears one side has dropped down to 95-97 the chicks look like they are still growing and seeing some movement from them but they are quite aways behind, growth wise their air cells had the biggest change with the low humidity during absence, but I am seeing growth and movement, when the others hatch should I leave them to finish as long as there is growth and movement? To me they look to be 5+ days behind the others

I would leave them in there and give them the time they need to hatch. I can't remember what thread I read it, maybe even this one, but someone suggested not tossing any of the eggs that made it to lockdown til day 28.

1 week old now. All doing well.

half my eggs were due today. 2 hatches and 2 pips and a couple moving eggs so far! the other half is due tomorrow!

i will get photos up soon, but i also have a question.

the first little one that hatched has a mass very much attached to where to yolk should have been absorbed. the chick is moving and functioning fine, but i have never seen this before. is it normal? does it shrivel up and fall off?

Okay so I have just candles the Orpington eggs and I noticed at the pointy end there is a large black spot is this the yolk sacks or is there something wrong the chicks in them they are moving and there is clear vienage please help

Okay so I have just candles the Orpington eggs and I noticed at the pointy end there is a large black spot is this the yolk sacks or is there something wrong the chicks in them they are moving and there is clear vienage please help
how many days? can you show a picture?

Joining in a little late. I'm on day 16 of hatching with a broody Cochin. 8 maran eggs that I purchased online and can't see at all when candled. 2 barred Rock hen mixed with silkie Polish rooster and 2 Cochin hen mixed with silkie Polish roo. So excited for my mixes because it's the first time I've hatched my own fertile eggs! I hatched the roo last spring. I've been posting all my issues in the broody thread. I'm also getting 10 Chicks from my pet chicken next week because I'm nuts. Lol

Back
Top Bottom