The 4th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Winner for the Best Easter Hatch Participant Contest has been chosen

Congrats gardeningmama!

Thank you for your support of everyone throughout this hatch-a-long!

You have won a 1 Year GFM!

Okay: I DID get 3 miracle babies that somehow survived this overnight just before hatch day:

I don't EVER want to see that again. Tonight I'll candle the other 200 eggs and see if any of them survived, as early as it was for them...I'll have to look at development issues due to a heat spike days 5-7 to see what I can expect if there are any survivors.

I'll be shoving the 3 babies under my Raraku hen, who goes broody like clockwork. I'm not sure if she'll adopt, because I've always let her hatch, but we'll see.

Congrats everyone!!

My condolences, everyone else!

Hope you all had a nice sunny day.

All done with the hatch. we originally set 6 black cochins, we candled at day 3, and removed one egg due to a very porous shell. 3 hatched a day late, and one two days late and one not at all. we have 4 healthy chicks. And as a bonus we bought 3 black australorps day olds that arrived today. the BA's are suppose to be pullets, we'll see. I tried to sex by using the wing tip method but the BC's are so fuzzy its hard to tell.
We sure do enjoy doing this hatch with everyone. Easter Sunday was baby day. my eldest daughter also had a baby lamb born. and another ewe is due in a couple of weeks.

Okay: I DID get 3 miracle babies that somehow survived this overnight just before hatch day:

I don't EVER want to see that again. Tonight I'll candle the other 200 eggs and see if any of them survived, as early as it was for them...I'll have to look at development issues due to a heat spike days 5-7 to see what I can expect if there are any survivors.

I'll be shoving the 3 babies under my Raraku hen, who goes broody like clockwork. I'm not sure if she'll adopt, because I've always let her hatch, but we'll see.

Congrats everyone!!

My condolences, everyone else!

Hope you all had a nice sunny day.
I can guess you are spending 21 dollars on a new gqf wafer thermostat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom