The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I have already said this, but 6 out of 9 of my shipped red golden pheasant eggs hatched a couple weeks ago and are doing awesomely! now I have 15 lady amherst pheasant eggs in the bator, and 14 of them are growing, not bad for shipped eggs : ) I haven't stopped incubating eggs since the before the hatch along!!! I can't stop!!!

Congrats Caleb!

I cant seem to hatch anything... QQ My broodies beat me... 12 to 1...
sad.png

I cant seem to hatch anything... QQ My broodies beat me... 12 to 1...
sad.png

You need to set up your incubator to run like a broody.

Keep the temps at 99.5 to 99.9
Humidity varies under a broody--First part is a bit lower and then at day 18 or so, she rips out the belly feathers to raise humidity
cool down the eggs for two hours starting on day 7 to day 18. The Broody usually takes time off of the nest each day to eat, drink, poo, dust bathe and even visit a bit with the other biddys

Congrats on the great broody hatches!

I have 3 broodies sharing the same nest box they all three came down tonight for a special suet cake treat ... one was pale hadn't been down in a couple days even for watermelon..anyone need some red dorking chicks in IL ? I have no idea how many eggs are under them the first one went broody with only 2 eggs I gave her 7 more then number two joined on and off for several days then sat ,number three followed i have two other hens that still give them eggs......fist chicks should be hatching in a couple days

here is my roo..the nice thing that they are yr long layers not egg machines but they were laying in feb. when it was so cold and eggs were freezing..I am just in IL and have eggs most of the time not now as 3 hens are broody but chicks should hatch any day ..MY toddlers can go in with this roo who i bought grown ,actually they went in with the woman roo pen last fall, Dorking roo's tend to be nice no flogging etc...

Last edited:

My emus are already 4 ft tall, and only 4 months old! they are just soooo fun to have around, they chase me around their, pen, eat out of my hand,respond to whistling, and just do random emu silliness XD. just AMAZING birds to own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom