The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awww cute names... They grow up so fast
1f62d.png
yes, they are such a joy to have around, and I'm planing on getting more emu hatching eggs for the next easter hatch along, so that I can get mates for them !

My emus are already 4 ft tall, and only 4 months old! they are just soooo fun to have around, they chase me around their, pen, eat out of my hand,respond to whistling, and just do random emu silliness XD. just AMAZING birds to own.
I was going to say they look like the same sex. My friend has 2 males and 2 females and the females are colored a bit differently than the males. You had them DNA sexed?

So glad to hear they are doing well!

I'm finding very small eggs now, so I think the ducking I kept from the hatch along has started to lay.

Another duck insisted on setting after her sister. Snowflake hatched one baby.

I'm finding very small eggs now, so I think the ducking I kept from the hatch along has started to lay.

Another duck insisted on setting after her sister.

Last edited:
I think one of my EEs from the hatch a long has started laying
D.gif
I posted on another thread, but I can't resist showing everyone her little pale blue egg :)
It's next to her Mom's egg for comparison.

And yay, she left me another one today! These are her two little eggs so far

Last edited:
We're planning our orders for next springs hatch-a-long
smile.png

Lemon Cuckoo & Lavander orphingtons

What are you hatching for the NYD hatch a long?

Options from my place are Pita Pinta, Arkansas blue and Partridge Penedesenca.

I hope they are laying then!

I'm looking forward to next years Easter hatch. I promised DH I wouldn't start hatching again until the Easter hatch along at the earliest. New eggs from this years pullets are already calling my name to hatch them:p But alll my incubators are getting shut down and put away in just 4 days.

For next years hatch along I plan to hatch Cream Legbar, black and blue copper Marans, and possibly blue/splash silkies.

Anyone else already planning ahead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom