The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello ive just started incubating 4 eggs its day 2 and ive noticed that all the eggs have one circle on the bottom of the egg, when i candle that spot it lights up 
what is this and i still not quite shore if the eggs are fertile or not so any ideas

so that means its fertile

If the air cell is on the bottom of the egg while it is in the incubator, then you need to flip that end over so it is on the top... air cells are in all eggs, not just fertile ones... you're only on day 2 so give them a few more days (like day 7) and candle again... by then if they are fertile you will be able to see veins growing throughout the egg... hope this helps and good luck! :)

how do you turn eggs which way do you turn them

No auto turner? Do you have them laying on their sides? If so, put an x on one side and an o on the other side... turn them so all x's are up, then the o's on the next turn... you should be turning them 3 times a day, an odd number of turns is best...

well hello every one, the eggs i had were not fertile
sad.png
. but ive just bought 2 dozen cortunix quail eggs or jap quails and i have some Q's im turning my eggs at these time 7am 3pm 11pm is that ok and do i lay the eggs on their sides

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom